cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account changes

btierney

Account changes

I have never done this before but I am so dissapointed and annoyed with Plusnet that I have put fingers to keyboard.  I signed up with Plusnet in November after their advertisment re the free calls 6pm  - 6am and 300 international minutes inclusive package. Less than one month later this has been taken away.  Really should not have someone have advised me this was going to happen so I could make an INFORMED decision as to which provider to go with.  I was pleased with the proffesional service Plusnet provided initially but feel very let down with what seems very sharp practice I am glad I never recommended Plusnet to friends - how embarrasing would that now be.  Please can you pass these sentiments on to the powers that be.
20 REPLIES 20
Bruce47
Grafter

Re: Account changes

But you have been given 30 days notice, which gives plenty of time to shop around and switch provider.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

btierney,
As mentioned by Bruce47 30 days notice was given in this case. When changes are made to our terms and conditions or our packages we are obliged to give customers 30 days notice if such changes are to the detriment of the customer. If you have missed this communication from us it may be worth logging onto the portal and checking what contact e-mail address we have down for you.
Please can you pass these sentiments on to the powers that be.

Of course, I'm sorry that these changes have come as a shock.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hitchhiker42

THATS A VERY VERY POOR EXCUSE FOR A NUMBER OF REASONS
1/ like the author said I also chose Plusnet recently based on the advertized features
2/ you shower us with meaqningless Emails at frequent intervals, are we supposed to inspect every paragraph of this junk to see if you are pulling a fast one on us ?Huh
3/ this is extremely sharp business practice, thanks tou you I will pay excessive international call charges this month
Somebody said change....ok so are you gonna pay for my BT re-connection ?Huh
You certainly know how to [Censored] off new customers and NO i wont be recomending you anywhere!!

[Moderator's note by Barry Zubel: Removed quote of previous post as per the link:rules.]
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I get all the PN e-mails
Most are billing,  A few are "Special Offer" that you are lucky if any one succeeds and getting, Dabs and M&S
and occasionally a news letter, or on the 2nd Dec a change of condition letter
eveningstar1968

I have to agree with the sentiment in this email. One of the reasons why I signed up was for the free calls to Europe. I lived in Spain for 3 years and I still have a lot of friends in Spain and I wanted to keep in touch with them without worrying about the cost too much. Now that's all been taken away. If Plusnet had of been more up front then I would never have agreed to go with them.
I hate this notion that the T&C can be changed at a whim, perhaps I should pay less for a subservient service?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

When did you Join PN and take up the phone Option?  because in the announcement sections which was referenced from the 2nd Dec e-mail was an offer that if you changed to the legacy 300 min free talk any time package before the 4th of Jan, you would retain it.  And the cost  for free 24/7 calls and 300 min Overseas call was £5 per month
eveningstar1968

I joined at the end of November. Does that make a difference?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

only that you should have taken up the offer before the 4th Jan, or did you join the 24/7 talk any time then?  the only one that lost the continental call was the Evening and Week end package
eveningstar1968

I was on and still on the evening and weekend calls as I work during the day so no point having a package I had no use for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

other people on the Home Phone threads have pointed out that there are companies that you dial via that will give you very cheap calls to Spain, not as cheap as 300 mins free, but better than the current PN charge on your package, I will see if I can find the references and post back here
pierre_pierre
Grafter

there is a lot about it here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91211.352.html  pages 23 -24  only one reference to a company where you dial a code to get the calls cheap
Google found a few  http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cheap+continental+phone+calls&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Vuq&rls=org...
wacky17
Grafter

Sorry for the hijack but is the eveings and weekend phone package getting scrapped?
eveningstar1968

Hi thanks for the help and advice. I will have a look.
But I will still be leaving. When I was in Spain I rented out our apartment 2 bedrooms and two bathrooms, imagine someone arriving to be told, sorry there's a change to your T&C there only one bedroom available! There would have been a riot!
At least it's extremely poor business practice. I dont have the time to read every single email sent to me. I looked back and found I was sent one on the 2nd of December. To sign up by the 4th Jan to get the alternative practice was a dirty trick, as it was over the Christmas period and not many people would have taken notice of emails at that period.
So shame on Plusnet. Expect a few more people to be leaving you!
eveningstar1968

Quote from: wacky17
Sorry for the hijack but is the eveings and weekend phone package getting scrapped?

No I am just giving off about loosing the 300 minutes to Europe.