cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account and Email account deleted by Plusnet

MarieB

Account and Email account deleted by Plusnet

I am writing this for my son as he has had his email account deleted by plusnet after being with them for more than 3 years. He has recent moved to EE broadband due to cost, to find his account deleted.
He cannot get into the member centre or webmail to get access to his account. He needs this email account as a number of people contact using the address
Is there anyway Plusnet can reinstate his email address as it is needed.

8 REPLIES 8
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Account and Email account deleted by Plusnet

Did he request or check that his email was carried on after moving to a competitor ? I think there is some kind of basic account that can be paid for on Plusnet to keep the email going.
When I moved away from my previous ISP, I had to go back through all the old emails sent to that account and go in and change the addresses to a Hotmail account as an interim measure as I knew I wouldn't be able to receive any more emails once I'd moved.
Unfortunately as with many other ISPs, email, web hosting and account access tends to cease when you move away and stop paying them. You might want to post his username (not password though) up so a member of staff can pick it up, check the old account and advise accordingly.
MarieB

his user name is belle1985
he was under the impression the email address would continue as he still retains a old wanadoo email address that he uses, when he moved away from them to plusnet
picbits
Rising Star

Fingers crossed one of the PN guys will pick this up if he's working late or tomorrow morning if they've all gone home for the night Smiley
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: MarieB
his user name is belle1985
he was under the impression the email address would continue as he still retains a old wanadoo email address that he uses, when he moved away from them to plusnet

VERY lucky he kept his Wanadoo emails; I was with HORRANGE and without any warning they cut off my Freeserve addy when I left for PN
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi MarieB,
I've taken a look over the username you've given, the account has closed and there was no request to keep the email open. This is normal practice on what would happen to an account when closing it.
We can enable the account again so the email is accessible, but any emails that were stored would not be retrievable.

MarieB

Hi Chris please can you enable the account.
jim:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

That's been done for you, you should now have access to webmail and the member centre.
MarieB

thank you