cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely disgraceful service

IvancStevens
Dabbler

Absolutely disgraceful service

I ordered my dad (who is 76 and a pensioner) a Plusnet Phone and Fibre contract.  I do this as he doesn't really understand what he does/doesn't want.  Never had a problem before but Plusnet - Wow.  Never seen anything so bad.

They said he'd be up and running yesterday.  No.  He hadn't even received his router by yesterday and his phone line was still dead today.

He spoke to someone from Tech Support who eventually accepted nothing was working ... 

He said he'd send out the router and he'd get it in 3- 5 days!  Don't they have overnight post/couriers in Yorkshire?  I'd have expected that's the least they could have done.

He told Dad his internet would work once he received his router - in 3 - 5 days.

He told Dad they would give him a month free - nothing on their records to support this.  In fact what he did do was tell sales to call him and SELL him a TV package he didn't understand, doesn't want and doesn't need. And to INCREASE his contract to 24 months - you know, the one that doesn't work. 

I was absolutely furious when I got home and realised what they'd done.

Tonight I rang customer services - they managed to cancel the TV they said - but they also said they'd send an email confirming it - which we have not received.

They can't do anything about the contract because apparently they have a system problem and lots of their contracts are going wrong - we have to wait and see what they come up with.

Honestly, I've never come across anything as spectacularly bad.  I feel so guilty as I look after him so precisely this can't happen - I feel so sorry for the pensioners who don't understand and have sales companies take advantage of them and get away with it.

I'm fairly sure they're actually not allowed to take a phone line away from a vulnerable person and will be looking into that tomorrow.

Anyone else had it quite this bad?

23 REPLIES 23
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Absolutely disgraceful service

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Plusnet Feedback.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues your father has had since moving to us.

I've raised feedback regarding the agent who added the TV and we'll ensure this is dealt with internally.

With regards to the router I've asked the relevant people to see if we can get a router posted out next day delivery tomorrow so we can get it to him by Thursday.

In terms of the phone line unfortunately it appears to be bad timing as a fault appears to have developed when the line transferred over.

We'll get that fault fixed as soon as possible and once everything is resolved we'll look into a gesture of goodwill

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I'm surprised @MatthewWheeler  didn't mention it, but PN do have support for vulnerable customers:

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/support-for-customers-with-disabilities/

IvancStevens
Dabbler

Thanks - we'll look into it next time he's at mine as I have broadband (and it's from Plusnet! - for now anyway)  Hadn't really had chance before as it was only supposed to start yesterday.

IvancStevens
Dabbler

Thanks. 

The phone is obviously a problem, GP and  nurses ring him on that line.

Seems a coincidence a fault should develop just as it transfers.  That happened on mine once though - turned out they'd transferred it to a completely different person.  

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @IvancStevens, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this is likely causing and can fully appreciate the importance of him having a phone line.

There's no updates as of yet, but we should expect one by tomorrow at the latest so I'll keep an eye on this for you and get back to you once we know more.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hey @IvancStevens, we've been advised the fault has been cleared, can you please let us know if this is not the case?

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
IvancStevens
Dabbler

Hello Plusnet

He has internet today - for the first time.

Openreach attended Thursday and said it was working.  I wasn't there so can't comment except to say it wasn't working Thursday night when I got there and my dad said he hadn't been able to get anything internet related.  He rang Tech on Thursday pm and they tried to get his mobile phone internet on Plusnet but they didn't manage it.

I was able to go to dad's house today and couldn't get internet and I tried 5 devices as I knew Openreach had said it was fixed.  I then rang Plusnet Tech and initially had problems as they said I had the wrong password.  Now I know I didn't because I set the account up but the Tech guy thought the password had been changed and it had.  That was also why nothing worked, the change of password had affect the router.  That was fixed today so I can say he has internet from today.

I assume the tech guy who spoke to my dad Thursday changed the password - can't think of any other explanation because I haven't done it.

Routers

You did send a router via Special Delivery - and FOUR others.  So we now need to return 4 routers and 1 TV box. This is quite a pile .... can you arrange for collection?  If not email returns labels and we'll sort when he is well enough to take to the Post Office.  I can't cart that lot into Manchester on a packed commuter train to return.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @IvancStevens,

I'm glad to hear that everything is now back up and running. Regarding the multiple devices that you've been sent, I've ordered some return bags to be sent to you so that you can send these back to us and I apologise for any confusion that it may have caused you.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
IvancStevens
Dabbler

Did you read my message?  I note you don't comment about collecting them.  We've already had threatening emails about returning the TV box that should never have been sent in the first place .... 

It could very well be the end of April before these are returned as IvanCStevens isn't mobile and I won't be off work until then so please desist with the emails threatening to take money off him for something you missold him in the first place.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Unfortunately we can't arrange for someone to collect the hardware.

If you prefer not to return the routers to us or this is too inconvenient, I'd recommend either keeping them as a spare or recycling in line with the WEEE Legislation here: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-and-the-weee-legislation/

With regards to the YouView box, I've made our billing team aware of the circumstances and what you've said.

Let us know if you have any further queries.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
IvancStevens
Dabbler

Hi

We will return them eventually and I assume TV team will know box isn't being used.

Wasn't someone going to get back to us re compensation?  

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @IvancStevens,

Thank you for the patience you have shown us while we have been dealing with this for you, we really appreciate it.

I have updated the account here and once you have reviewed the update, please get back to us here if you are happy for us to carry out the actions advised in the ticket.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
IvancStevens
Dabbler

Hi

We accept the refund as set out in your email. 

Someone has now posted all the boxes back to you - please confirm you have them.  I think it was 3 routers and a tv box.