cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute Gash Service Since November 2009!

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Absolute Gash Service Since November 2009!

where do you get that figure of £40 to £45 from?  Premium is at most  "If you live outside of one of these areas you'll then pay £19.99 a month thereafter. "  and phone any time which includes line rental is £11.25 antime +  £16.25
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right, not the best news but it is an explanation (though why you - or we - weren't informed that this is going on is something I don't know I'm afraid). Basically they need to run a new length of cabling to the green cabinet, but there's a delay because in order to do this they need to turn off the traffic lights at the nearby pelican crossing. Unfortunately this means getting permission from the council and also setting up temporary lights, which is what's causing the delay.
I'll keep chasing this for you and let you know when we get the updates, and once again I'm sorry about the length of time this is taking.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Matt..... Nice story.... at least he now knows WHY things are not good...... the wire wants renewing.....
BUT.... is he going to get compensation for time off work.?
killyfish
Dabbler

pierre_pierre
I think you just answered your question considering the amount you have stated?
killyfish
Dabbler

Matt, thanks for getting back to me but it's the same excuse I myself have given to many NTL (Now Virgin Media) customers for 4 years, in other words it will never get done and we will have to wait for another year at least until BT decide to upgrade the cab. I am in college with a BT engineer, we are both 3/4's way through our CISCO CCNA Certification.
My line has cross talk, what does that have to do with the new cable coming into the cab from another cab, Surely they would have put a new line from my house down to the cab via lampost and so on? They have not even come to my property to test the line or wiring! This is the second engineer due to sort my problem out but yet fails to turn up, at least the other guy called me to say he could not help.
Nobody else in my street has any problems, BT don't have any problems, Sky Broadband don't have any problems, Supanet Broadband don't have any problems, PLUSNET DO HAVE PROBLEMS!
The last engineer who had the courtesy to call me, advised me that there was no room in the cab for a new line as it is full? The house next door is empty and has a line, i used to live there before moving here, just give me that line instead, at least it worked perfect with BT.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

killyfish,
Cross talk can occur at one of many points on a line and generally happens at points where the cable is jumpered or jointed to another cable. As such it would seem that our suppliers have identified that the point at which this has occurred is at the green street cab closest to your premises.
Although precise reasons have not been disclosed it has been deemed necessary that the section of cable needs to be renewed too, the most likely reasoning for this would be that it is in a state of disrepair and cannot be rejumpered. Due to the nature of the problem affecting your line individually this would explain why no one else that you are aware of is reporting anything similar. I can reassure you that if the street cab is to capacity that this will not affect any resolution to this fault.
We are sorry that the news about the delays has come as a surprise today as we had no indication about this ourselves prior to checking on how the scheduled visit went. Ongoing I will be checking your account daily and will make sure we an be as proactive as possible with regards to keeping you updated.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
win7xp
Grafter

@ killyfish
When did you first raise a fault ticket with PlusNet ?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: killyfish
pierre_pierre

thought that came to £36 max at least it did when I went to school
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Depends on how many premium phone calls including calling mobiles are made  Lips_are_sealed
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@ killyfish,
I've updated your ticket for you. As promised we will keep checking daily and will let you know when we have any further updates.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
killyfish
Dabbler

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Quote from: killyfish
pierre_pierre

thought that came to £36 max at least it did when I went to school

Sorry mate, I guess I should have left the £19.99 out.