Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL tracker

jetstar
Grafter

ADSL tracker

Hi
Not sure if this is the right place but why do plusnet itemise peak / off peak usage in member centre on unlimited broadband product?
It seems that tool is not required to track 12am to 8am use as 10GB product has been discontinued.
3 REPLIES 3
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: ADSL tracker

It's a legacy function. And there are still people on legacy products so I don't think Plusnet will kill it off as long as people use the detail people like to know such stuff  Roll_eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

When an 'unmetered' product was available at a price significantly more than that for a bandwidth restricted one it was useful (in fact requested) to retain the breakdown to help customers decide whether they could save money by switching to bandwidth-limited.
David
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Though I have switched from 10GB ADSL to unlimited fibre, I actually still like to see the breakdown, if only because it gives an indication of "background" traffic (I rarely actively use the service during the "offpeak" hours now, but still have a few "legacy" automated items (1 or 2 MB per day) set up to use this period that I don't feel a need to change Wink )
It was quite instructive in showing why my usage jumped from 7-8GB to 40GB per month (nearly all SamKnows whitebox monitoring Shocked Shocked )
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.