cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Outage for 2 weeks

Aodh

ADSL Outage for 2 weeks

I had a very problematic ADSL connection to my house which i raised to PlusNet on Aug 28th. After several tests the help desk assistant confirmed it was a faulty modem. So I went to Currys and spent £100 on a new modem but the problem was still there. I raised a Trouble Ticket 110381830 (please read the dialogue in it for full details) and eventually an Openreach engineer visit was scheduled for Mon Sep 7th and he identified a fault on the cable coming into my house and replaced the cable. However i soon discovered I was rate limited to 750K download at my local exchange. Repeated calls to Plusnet all week and each day I got a different story about resetting the BRAS and could be 2 hours, maybe 4 hours, maybe 24 hours. I waited each time and re-contacted PlusNet and got a similar story repeatedly but no fix. You can read my frustration in the Trouble Ticket.
What is really frustrating is that each call incurs a 30 minute wait upfront and I made circa 12 calls!!
To be without Broadband for 2 weeks and to keep chasing and chasing a resolution has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. And I ended up purchasing a £100 modem based on guidance from PlusNet and i didn't need it.
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: ADSL Outage for 2 weeks

Hello Adoh,
A warm welcome to the forums.  I confess to be quite disappointed by the support you report - that is quite different to my own experience, but sadly sounds all too similar to this experience http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,141999.0.html ; Sad
Something seems very wrong with your line - a SNRM resent ought to take no more than 4 hours to apply, there after it might take a while for the PlusNet profile to catch up.
Hopefully someone from PlusNet CRT will get on to this case and sort it for you.
In the meantime following the advice in the speed issues thread (see link below) and posting the information requested will give community members a view of what's happening.  Is the phone line quiet - dial 17070 option 2.  Is the router plugged into the master socket?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: ADSL Outage for 2 weeks

Hi Aodh,
Sorry to hear about this. I can see we're looking into a line issue and we also made some changes a few days ago that should have improved connection speeds.
With regards to the router I can see we have advised a replacement would be needed for different reasons to these issues.
I can see this is covered on the complaint ticket so we will respond about that formally on there.
Feel free to update this thread if there's any continued problems with your connection.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team