Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question & a comment (new customer)

BenXFD
Grafter

A question & a comment (new customer)

Hi there!
I registered to move onto PlusNet Fibre Optic Broadband on 22nd July. I didn't have a MAC code to hand at the time and, thanks to a few awkward people at O2, I only received my MAC code yesterday, and i've passed it along to PlusNet and everything seems to be on the go again now. I'm just wondering when an engineer is due to come, as the dates we picked were Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week, if I recall. Obviously due to the delay in the MAC code that's not happening but i'm just unsure when to expect them, my order tracker is at the 'Activating Your Line' stage, so i'm not sure whether i'll just get switched over or if someone is actually going to turn up. (Complete newbie to Fibre Optic!).
Also, when I rang up customer services to give my MAC code I was a bit taken aback by the request of my password. Every other company i've dealt with i've had to give identification in the form of my date of birth and memorable information. To outright state my password over a recorded telephone line did make me feel slightly uncomfortable.
Regardless, i'm looking forward to my new service, as O2's offering of 1.5Mb was starting to wear thin!  Wink
9 REPLIES 9
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: A question & a comment (new customer)

Normally only asked for part of the password not all of it.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Welcome to the forum BenXFD Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

To outright state my password over a recorded telephone line did make me feel slightly uncomfortable.

I'll follow this up as we should only be asking for 2 characters from the password (as that's what we see by default on our internal CRM).
With regards to your order, I'll let one of the other guys on here follow that up.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
You have a engineer appointment booked for the 23rd August between 1PM and 6PM. The engineer will get all of your services installed and active for you on this date.
If you have any further questions regarding your order, just let me know and I'll be happy to help.
Chris
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

tbh chris when i signed upto plusnet 3 weeks ago i got asked for my password when i contacted support also, all i was asked for was my full name and password. So i think its something that does really need looked into ;#)
James
Grafter

It's just a change in our internal documentation that needs changing.
I'll get it sorted.
BenXFD
Grafter

Received the router yesterday and booked the afternoon off work tomorrow so i'll be in when the engineer comes. Rather excited I must say! Will report back when all is finished.
Just wondering, has the password situation been resolved now?
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
It's just a change in our internal documentation that needs changing.
I'll get it sorted.

Hi James, ...... Not quite. His Password needs to be changed too. Smiley
BenXFD
Grafter

The engineer arrived at about 1:50pm to have a nosey around at our phone sockets and was shocked to find out I was switching to PlusNet as he just thought he was here to wire up the fibre optic or something.. anyway, he went off to mess with the phone box at the end of the road for about 25 minutes and then came back and then finished the installation and got us connected within about 20 or so minutes. Did a speed test which is exactly what PlusNet estimated we'd get (36MB) and off he went at around 3pm.
Spent the last hour or so just browsing around and being absolutely amazed watching the YouTube scroller zoom up on full HD. I was receiving 0.7MB from o2 yesterday, it's like a dream!
I've read a few BT Openworld engineers get a lot of stick but the guy today was friendly, we spoke about football whilst he was installing everything and he did his job correctly, smoothly and in fairly quick fashion, so whoever he was, good job!
So yeah, i know it's only the first day and all but so far i'm a very happy customer, I also know that everyone comes to complain but nowhere near as many come to say everything is working perfectly, it's just the nature of it I suppose! but anyway, thank you Smiley