cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A contact email for Plusnet customer services???

dpk29

A contact email for Plusnet customer services???

As the general waiting time for PlusNet to answer the phone is... "approximately 45 minutes!!" - and that there is no obvious contact email address on the website...

- can anybody please supply an email address for this inefficient company?Huh

13 REPLIES 13
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: A contact email for Plusnet customer services???

Moderator's note:

Post moved from General Chat to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mav
Fixes: 515

Plusnet don't have an email address fot contact.

Have you tried using Chat to contact them?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

If you use "Live Chat" in the Contact us page.... you can get a copy of the chat sent to you by email, so that you have both got a record of what was said during the chat session.

If you try to answer the "survey" afterwards, it will probably ask you a question something like this... " If you could not contact by live chat, how would you have proceeded"... and there is a choice of answers..... strangely  ( unless they have modified it since I last used chat )... it will suggest  " email "..  Huh ! ! ...Huh

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @dpk29,

As per the responses from @Mav and @shutter we don't have a contact email address but we do have the option to contact us via live chat. The "contact us" page here includes a link to this. Alternatively, you can raise a ticket to our support team online here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Can anybody explain why there is no contact email?

Maybe the answer is obvious as it's becoming increasingly difficult to find any email address these days for a whole range of organisations. Even my local Council and Hospital do not have one and those you do find never seem to get answered.

Email seems to have fallen between two stools in that you either have to phone (nightmare) or write in (expensive) or as seems to be more common these days, go on a chat line which to be fair to Plusnet seems to work quite well.

Next up bot chat. 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
shutter
Community Veteran

@Minivanman          Can anybody explain why there is no contact email?          

Simples......  one word answer.. ( apart from these explanatory notes ! ! !) 

SPAM

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

But plusnet (for example) has our email addresses so surely it is not beyond capability to allow receipt of these known addresses and reject/block others.

To have no email address in order to avoid spam if that is indeed the reason, seems rather brutal, no?

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

That presumes that all users have one email address used for everything. Further without SPF anyone can send as though the email has come from anyone.

Interaction via email is comparatively simple in terns of there being one person dealing with the inbound mail. Where there are lots of people servicing communications from many customers, email outside of a CRM system is a nightmare to manage.

The right answer here is the full reinstatement of the ticketing system ... or something delivering similar functionality.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dpk29

My sincere THANKS to everyone who took the trouble to reply to my enquiry.  I was rather overwhelmed - both literally and figuratively.

Many replies were rather techno-oriented (which I am not!) - to which I can only respond...

my bank (HSBC) has a 24-hr, customer-enquiry message facility.  If a bank can offer this efficient, financially sensitive system - then why not a meagre ISP?

PlusNet have no excuse for the lack of email enquiry... apart from labour/cost savings!

Once again, thank you all.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @dpk29

I'm sorry to say that we do not have a specific customer service email address, that is correct. We do, however, have a Social Media team (as well as the phone and chat agents) who are around every day of the week in case you weren't aware of that. They monitor the Facebook & Twitter "Plusnet Help" accounts and are more than happy to assist in any way they can!

Is there anything specific you were looking help on? I'd be more than happy to assist you myself.

Kind Regards,

Alisdair

Leannes8

Hi Emma D 

everytime I'm offered 'live chat' or 'call us', the live chat is always unavailable and 'call us' sends me back to the beginning, but seeing as I have speech and hearing difficulties I would prefer to click away!!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Chat is always unavailable when approached via Help & Support but functions correctly via contact us.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shutter
Community Veteran

@Leannes8 Live chat works well, when you can access it.. ( especially for us "disabled" by speech or hearing impediments ) ... perhaps you have an adblocker like Ghostery working on your browser....

I suggest you download "OPERA" as a browser and use it only for Live Chat.... as that should work so long as you use it "as is" ....

another alternative would be to use Internet Explorer.  If using Firefox  .... click on the Help tab at top of screen, and choose "Restart Firefox with Addons disabled".... that "might" work !.

If you have these two available as icons on your desktop, it should be easy to connect with Live Chat service.

Good Luck.