cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Neverending Nightmare

neverending
Hooked

A Neverending Nightmare

I need to vent this sorry episode about Plusnet, words cannot fully describe the mess they are in at the moment.

It all started when I needed to setup a new internet provider at home and I have been a customer of Plusnet before therefore I thought I knew what I was doing. Their prices were very cheap so I placed an order for their fibre broadband deal. During the order process I chose the installation date for an engineer - I had to book holiday through work to be available. The following day (4th or 5th) I received a text from Plusnet to tell me they had moved the installation date to the following week to a day I couldn't make. So I picked up the phone and was on hold for 30 minutes! Any company which is handling calls with that amount of delay are in trouble.

At that point I wanted to cancel my order and get the hell away from Plusnet. I called Plusnet again and this time chose the cancellations department and amazingly my call was answered straight away! I cancelled my order (5th) and was told by staff that I would get a refund but I wasn't told how long it would take for the refund to be paid.

4 days later I hadn't received any update on the open ticket regarding my refund so I attempted to call Plusnet to find out how long it would take. First call I was on hold for 19 minutes (9th) before I had to give up to live my life. Two days later (11th) I called again and was on hold for 24 minutes with no resolution. I ended up adding a comment to the ticket asking how long it would take to get the refund. No response.

I called again at the weekend (14th) but was told that the billing department didn't work weekends. Lucky them! 

I called again (16th) and was on hold for 26 minutes. Billing department told me there is a new billing system which is causing a backlog of payments but i should wait 10 working days (from the 5th) and I was told it would be refunded back to my bank account directly.

On the 19th I called again, this time on hold for approx 49 minutes. Was told that the payment hadn't been made as I would be paid by cheque! [-Censored-]. Left arm/right arm syndrome. The person on the phone then tells me that have personally spoken to someone in Billing and my cheque payment will be expedited therefore I should expect it soon.

Roll onto today (23rd) and I call again to make sure the cheque has been sent and I'm told I have to wait 21 working days to receive my cheque! It's laughable how bad this company works - sporadic information given to me by staff, lies and false hope as well. The current update is; there is a nice man who will be calling me on Friday (26th) to let me know when the cheque will be processed. I tried to escalate to a manager while on the phone but none were available (of course)

All I want is my money and I don't think a 2 month wait for my money is unreasonable. I would imagine if someone didn't pay their bill for two months Plusnet wouldn't appreciate it. This definitely isn't treating customers fairly.

10 REPLIES 10
20min_wait_zz
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: A Neverending Nightmare

Ha, like you I've chosen a name to suite the plusnet customer service. It's shocking. At least a 20 minute wait time for every call....except to cancellations!!!
neverending
Hooked

I forgot to add that after everything that has happened so far I thought I’d raise an official complaint with Plusnet however as I didn’t want to be on the phone for another half an hour waiting I thought I’d raise it via the Help Assistant. That failed as I have 4 or more tickets open and the system wouldn’t let me raise a complaint. Well done Plusnet!
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

To raise a complaint you should use this link -complaints-code-of-practice -  rather than a ticket, it gets you into the process more quickly.

For reference this link is at the bottom of every page of Community.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

neverending
Hooked

Thanks for the link - I’ve read the policy before. Have you? There are 4 ways to log a complaint:

Letter
Phone
Chat
Help Assistant (ticket)

Last night; chat was unavailable, phone was a 30 min wait, letter would be last resort therefore that leaves the Help Assistant which directs you to raise a ticket.

If I’m missing something please point this out to me. Thanks
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@neverending wrote:
 I’ve read the policy before. Have you?

Yes!  Many times.

If I’m missing something please point this out to me. Thanks

I think you have attempted to follow the correct path Thumbs_Up but the system has failed you!  I believed that the Complaint Ticket response was amended some time back to route the Ticket directly to the Complaints team.  Embarrassed  I'll flag this topic to check out my assumption suggest a change if my assumption on roting is incorrect.

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@neverending

You could try another route, that is using the Martin Lewis recommended Resolver complaints website. More detail and link at https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/resolver/?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=bignote-one&ut...

Plusnet are one of the companies which you can use this tool for to get a complaint rolling (I used it for energy suppliers and it worked well)

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thank you for getting in touch @neverending,

I can only apologise for your experience with us and apologise for the frustration, worry and confusion this has caused you. I have updated your ticket accordingly here.

Please let us know if we help you with anything else.

neverending
Hooked

Thanks for the heads up on the Resolver site
neverending
Hooked

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me gingerniffler12. Unfortunately the response on my ticket hasn’t brought me any closer to a resolution, I’m still waiting on Plusnet with no end in sight. Will I have to wait another 21 working days to get my refund?
I would imagine your billing department have such a large backlog that they don’t know when they will get to my cheque.
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @neverending,

Sorry to hear that the last update did not prove helpful. This is still with our billing department to investigate.

I understand the further delay is causing frustration but I do want to assure you we are working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Kind regards,