Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Little Help From CS Please...........

PembsPanther
Grafter

A Little Help From CS Please...........

Morning All

Just moved house, hone and broadband was activated on Monday with no hiccups however we cannot make any outgoing calls, when we try any number we just get a long continuous tone ie the dead tone, we have a dial tone and can receive incoming calls just cannot make any outgoing, also out broadband speed bot down and up are nowhere near quoted running at about 1 third f what it should be.

Have to say Plusnet this customer service issue seems to be getting worst! No live chat available this morning and sat on the phone in a half hour queue! Why do you assume people have so much spare time to hang around waiting to speak to you!

I await your reply.......

9 REPLIES 9
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: A Little Help From CS Please...........

I'm looking in to this now for you.

@PembsPanther wrote:
No live chat available this morning and sat on the phone in a half hour queue! Why do you assume people have so much spare time to hang around waiting to speak to you!

Apologies for the wait times, however we don't assume people have time to wait on the phone for excessive amounts of time trying to get through. We're trying to answer calls as quick as we can, however it has been quite busy recently.

In regards to chat, it doesn't look like it's unavailable from our side. Do you have any Ad blockers/pop-up blockers or other browser extensions enabled? As this can sometimes cause problems trying to start a chat.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately testing your line isn't returning anything that we can raise straight away for you.

I've raised a ticket on your account requesting that you carry out some checks and advice on how we can proceed with an engineer visit.

If you carry out the checks and continue to experience problems, please can you respond to the ticket and give me a nudge on here and I'll make sure that's picked up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
PembsPanther
Grafter

You know I am really patient, just look back through my customer record at the monumental [-Censored-] ups (Plus Net) have ut me through over the last 5 years and you will see I am patient, in fact I would go as far as to say it is a miracle I am still with you but there you go here I am still flogging a dead horse Sad

Still not fixed in fact I thought it had been this afternoon as our broadband went off so I checked the phone line and voila II could make an outgoing call..........for 3 minutes then everything went, broadband phone dial tone the lot it is like my whole account has been disconnected, been like this for 3 hours now but I still kept the faith thinking to myself an engineer must be working on it as we speak, now I am thinking there has been yet another huge [-Censored-] up!

A friend that lives a few doors away has been waiting for a fibre up for WEEKS! [-Censored-] up after [-Censored-] up then miraculously this afternoon at the very minute our line went dead hers sprung into life, I am now having to communicate via forum as your live chat, again, has a ridiculous wait and also sat in a queue on the phone for approx half an hour and still nobody to talk to!

I have just moved house, just joined Sky for TV and just signed a new contract with Plusnet, I suggest somebody picks this problem up quickly and rectifies it otherwise, as far as I am concerned you are in breach of my shiny new contract and will leave me no option but to ring Sky and arrange for them to take over my line and broadband, this bufoonery is not acceptable, it has taken a LOT for me to loose my temper and patience but well done Plusnet you have finally done it!

PembsPanther
Grafter

So after waiting 41 minutes on the phone before being able to speak to a human being and after going through the issues and tests it appears to be a problem in the exchange, the guy I spoke to was very good but sadly he put me on hold and then I got cut off, no idea what is happening now and do not want to sit on the phone for another hour to find out, if this is not picked up by tomorrow morning I am placing my order with Sky and complaining to OFCOM to get out of my new contract.

PembsPanther
Grafter

All still down this morning and no reply to this thread, no reply to my ticket, no email even though a cs rep on the phone had started to try to find the problem, thanks Plusnet!

PembsPanther
Grafter

Open Reach engineer been this morning, thank god open reach communicate much better than plusnet! Broadband back on, phone back on but still cannot make any outgoing calls! Complaint has now also been submitted to OFCOM, private messaged Chris and Harry and so far no reply...........

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Taking a look now, will update the thread shortly.

Appreciate your patience. I'm aware that you were called by the engineer, and testing your line states that the line is now clear of fault. As this clearly isn't the case, the next step would be to get an engineer out to the property. I will update your ticket to reflect this shortly.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
PembsPanther
Grafter

Engineer attended this morning, tested everything at the exchange, tested everything in house all fine, he did find the problem though, it appears call barring is in place on our line so now you know could you provision our new line properly please? Can't wait to start talking compensation with you!

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I've got that removed - are you ok to check tomorrow?

I cannot understand how this was added on during your house move provision. I can only assume that somebody manually added this feature on when provisioning your line, so I'll be feeding back to find out how this happened. Apologies for the problems this has caused.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet