cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Challenge For Plusnet

Dodgydog
Grafter

A Challenge For Plusnet

Ok i have thought about this and i would like to set PN a package challenge , I am not one of those that thinks i should be able to use torrents 24/7 at line speed and only pay 3.99 a month for it but what i would like to see is a Large Family Package , suitable for multiple pc household , by all means throttle torrents etc back to say 256kbs during peak time and to 128kbs from 4pm till 11  , obvoiously line speed at off peak free time . Have a peak usage of 80 to 90gb a month with extra available at a price (same as bbyw now) and charge between 40 and 50 pounds a month for it . Multiple teenagers with pcs and consoles all wanting to use bandwith at same time . I am sure i am not the only household in this situation , oh yeah usage to be reviewed upon rollout of adsl2+ and a min contract length of no more than 12 months . So there u have it now come on PN and quote me happy  Grin Grin
6 REPLIES 6
Be3G
Grafter

Re: A Challenge For Plusnet

Out of interest, what (aside from perhaps the 12 month contract) do you not like about the current 'Unlimited' product? That would certainly provide you with what you need in terms of usage - and for a fair bit less than £40/50 a month.
chillypenguin
Grafter

I think the challenge would be getting people to sign up for it at £40~50 per month!
Dodgydog
Grafter

Quote from: Be3G
Out of interest, what (aside from perhaps the 12 month contract) do you not like about the current 'Unlimited' product? That would certainly provide you with what you need in terms of usage - and for a fair bit less than £40/50 a month.

well i would like to see gaming not restricted and prioritised  Grin
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: Dodgydog
well i would like to see gaming not restricted and prioritised  Grin

Would Plusnet Unlimited with a premium charge for line-speed gaming meet your needs (apart from contract length)?
David
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Can anyone explain to me why, if as Mand has said games should run without any problem under a 2Mb limit, it is necessary to restrict them to 2Mb?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
zubel
Community Veteran

Some gaming downloads (patches for games like Eve online for example, or perhaps Box/PS3 updates) may be classified as gaming traffic in some circumstances.
B.