Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A BIG pat on the back for Plusnet :)

PembsPanther
Grafter

A BIG pat on the back for Plusnet :)

Hello
Seen as most people only ever leave any kind of feedback for anything when there is a problem, I thought I would even things out a little and provide some feedback for what I class as an excellent service.
My wife applied to Plusnet last Thursday, she make the application on the internet paid the month upfront, she received the welcome emails etc and all the other great communications to let her know what was going to happen, she asked for our home phone to be switched on and also broadband, I kid you not this is the gospel honest truth, within 20 minutes she had another email to say the home phone line was on, she plugged the cordless phone in and sure enough there was a dialing tone and our new number was also sent to us via email. 20 minutes unbelievable service.
We then had the emails to tell us our broadband would be active by the 14th July. Wednesday come and the postman delivers our new wireless router, me being impatient plugged it in we were not due for connection until Saturday so I was not surprised to see it was not yet live. Last night I noticed that the broadband light on the router had turned to a solid green meaning broadband was active on our line, I could not connect as out Plusnet account was not yet live it was not due to be until this Saturday. This morning I put a post on the Router forum explaining this light was now solid, within a few hours a customer rep had picked up the post and manually activated our account so now I am typing this from our shiny new Broadband connection Smiley
Service received so far has been second to none, millions times better than BT yet it is basically the same thing, just goes to show what a difference really good customer service makes to a product. Well done Plusnet you have so far a very very happy new customer Smiley
9 REPLIES 9
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: A BIG pat on the back for Plusnet :)

im really happy to hear of this as i have also applied to move from BT to plusnet with both my phone and broadband. BT support is the worst support ive ever had to deal with.
When i asked for a move from BT they offered me phone and broadband half price and i turned it down due to the poor support they give. I know BT own plusnet in some way or form, but i have friends with plusnet who often say how well they have been dealt with and for those reasons ive also opted to move.
I only hope BT do not affect the way plusnet run in the near future otherwise BT will bring Plusnet down to there crappy standards... and that would mean people leaving plusnet.
kdoug007
Grafter

Have  to admit  m the  service has been amazing the last 2 months ,  since I joined the PN  family.
 I  can't even have a  moan.
 router  arrived ,,  followed the  easy instructions...  
 and that  was  it,,
 the  speed  also is  fantastic. (  + the  cost).
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) All caps shouting edited as per forum rules.
austindilks

Cheesy Have to recount this story.
Plusnet took over my telephone line from BT on 10 July 12 and initially there was a problem in as much I temporarily lost my internet connection over night.
Reported the problem to the Plusnet Team and he following morning everything was working perfectly with one massive difference.
(I had been with BT my previous provider for 6yrs with a download speed of 2Mbps which they told me was the maximum my line would support, on numerous occasions,
however in real terms I never exceeded a download speed of more than 240Kbps, ever).
Within 24hrs of taking over my telephone line, the massive difference is, a consistent Download Speed of 6.87Mbps.
So a huge thank you guys, that's all I can really say to express my gratitude.
Has anyone else experienced this 'strange' phenomenon (I think some quarters refer to it as Throttling), on moving from BT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Welcome to the forum austindilks  Smiley
Looks like Plusnet may have moved you onto ADSLMax or even ADSL2+.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
PembsPanther
Grafter

Ours has been active now just 24 hours and we have had over 7mb consistently so far, upload is a bit poor but then it is poor with whoever unless your on fibre, not much chance of that for us in the stick of Wales!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

But Pembrokeshire is a great county nevertheless  Smiley
PembsPanther
Grafter

Yes the lack of fibre optic broadband is a small price to pay, it s a wonderful place Smiley
Oh and also the lack of Kentucky Fried Chicken that was a bit more challenging at first  Grin
bobosb3

Let me join in the praise of PLUSnet. Having had poor service from Orange (at best 6Mbps degrading to 0.2 Mbps then creeping back to 1.7 Mbps), and absurd treatment with BE I jointed PLUSnet recently. I now have a down speed of 10 to 11 Mbps. I sheepishly asked if I could trade some of my down speed to increase the 0.3 to 0.4 Mbps up speed and they said no problem. Within about 2 weeks I now have an up speed of 1 to 1.1 Mbps with no noticeable reduction in down speed. Vey well done PLUSnet and keep it up!!!!  Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi all,
My first day in the Digital Care Team, and what a wonderful thread to read.
Glad to hear that everything is up and running and your enjoying our service.
It is possible that you are now on ADSL2+, any customers that place a broadband order with us that are not on the ADSL2+ network will be onto it moved where possible.
Something else that may help you while using the Plusnet service is <a href="http://www.plus.net/assist/">Plusnet Assist</a>, something to help you with all aspects of our service.
Keep up the good experience.