cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

92077738 query raised & no answer

Geemellow

92077738 query raised & no answer

I have had issues with my telephone line since I switched to fibre optic with over 8 faults in past year, & I suffer intermittent fault with broadband. The engineer came out last week and said the issue was out side my property. I was informed PN that I would need a dig work and they would arrive on Wednesday. This caused somewhat alarm as I do not what this entails. I have both a toddler & I have landscaped garden out the front. I have also no indication as when these engineers are arriving. I called the PN customer twice yesterday and once on Tuesday. Every time they have promised the Fault time would call. They did not. I do not when the engineers will arrive, what the process will be and what they would/would not make good. I can not expect my wife to stay in all day with a toddler! I have been with PN for a long time (over 7 years) and expect a better information and am really disappointed in the lack of customer service.
As PN don't seem to provide me with information about what occurs when a dig team arrive at your home? I am assuming that open reach do a survey and then appoint contractors to do the work. Can anyone help?
3 REPLIES 3
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 92077738 query raised & no answer

Hi Geemellow,
Sorry to hear you're seeing a phone line fault but I'm glad to hear that there may be a fix in sight.
I'm afraid that there is little information we can provide with regards to the planned dig work as this is dependant on where the fault sits and the requirements for access. This is something that will only become apparent when the ground working team can review the site and work out what the fix will require.
The main comfort that can be taken at this stage is that the team responsible for digging will also be responsible for returning the site back to its previous state before the work was carried out.
I'm sorry that we couldn't provide you with more detailed information regarding this.
Geemellow

Update on the dig team who were booked for  today. They didn't.  Not too sure what to do. Telephone not working so can not call. Internet faulty. Can you get the fault team to update me. They we're suppose to call 48hrs ago.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Geemellow,
It looks like you managed to speak with our faults team yesterday. I'm hoping this gets resolved for you soon.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet