cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£80 to cancel

torbayguy
Grafter

Re: £80 to cancel

Bet your chuffed with your speed mate, thats what I should be getting!!
Oh well not long now... hey I got my O2 router yesterday... N rated wireless as well.
Impressed!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@killie89 I've just checked and your move to ADSL2+ is complete so you are now in the midst of a 10 day training period. You are on a 1500kbps profile at the moment which should improve.
Please keep us appraised as to how things are going.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
xpcomputers
Grafter

@ killie89
Speak to Plusnet about your speed. They have one of the best customer support out there.
You were being moved to the ADSL2+ platform last week, and it will take a while to settle down after that move, so how are things looking now?
I would highly recommend not just ceasing payments (as has been recklessly suggested to you), and instead engaging with those looking to help. Hope you get the line speed resolved.

@ torbayguy,
If you are currently using a 54G router, your internal wireless could easily be the limit that is bringing your transfer speed down to 8Mb from the 14Mb sync. 54G wireless has an optimal throughput that is normally under 20Mb and can easily be under 10Mb with some chipsets and distance from the router. The "54" in G wireless is real head in the clouds stuff. Have you tried a wired connection to the router for a speed test?
N wireless is better, but not by as much as the "300" would imply!
Cancelling your payments is never the way to leave a provider, especially not without a decent attempt to resolve the problems.
Mike
Mand
Grafter

@torbayguy,
My post was in response to your post, which was purely about speed.
No-one here would dispute that there were problems with your provisioning (which incidentally led to the processes involved being reiterated to all our provisioning teams), or that you've had billing problems (there are a couple which have affected new activations recently, again not something we'd dispute), but we have tried to resolve them and come to a satisfactory conclusion.
We're sorry to see you go, but I can understand that such problems in quick succession would make that decision for you.
torbayguy
Grafter

XPcomputers, no offence, but you sound just like Plusnet!
Im not stupid, I know how broadband and routers work, I am also using a 'N' router.
There is nothing wrong with the connections in my house, or the equipment I am using.
There is also no local interferance with the wireless, I am also getting the same speeds whether using wired, wireless, or test socket.
Please dont assume everybody is stupid or illiterate.
With the amount of problems I have had, not just speed issues, but also billing, provisioning, and accounts, I have given Plusnet far to many chances.
I have cancelled my direct debit so I can control the money Plusnet get from me, seeing as they have made 3 seperate invoices in a week!
I will pay for the calls I have made, but I will not be paying a cancellation fee, if Plusnet want it, they take me to court, and I will have my day.
westy125
Dabbler

torbayguy, I would'nt waste your time arguing,
Just do what I did and go to:
http://www.ispa.org.uk/
And file a complaint everytime something is not done, by their code of practice or something like that they must reply within a specified time etc, or just complain again.
The more complaints the more the ISP get bad press, of course if a complaint isnt justified then dont complain,
This is mearly information to torbayguy, but this course of action due to PN's ALL round bad service, got me my MAC code and NO cancellation fee's!.
torbayguy
Grafter

Thanks Westy, Im going to look into that tomorrow.
Cheers.
killie89
Dabbler

Speed up to 1.5Mb now.
not as good as Orange but better than 1MB.
Just wish BT would upgrade my line as I don't live that far from the exchange.
Been informed that I will get 3 months free and my original payment refunded. Although form the advert on the home page all new members get 4 months free anyway.
Plusnet could turn out OK, but just wish I hadn't been promised a 2MB connection by the sales team.