cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 Week to get a TeleLine/ADSL - REALLY ??

StuartUK35
Grafter

8 Week to get a TeleLine/ADSL - REALLY ??

Ok, let me point out, this is not aimed at PlusNet as I know there just as stuck as I am given BT pull all the strings (or sit back and do nothing all day should I say!)
PN messed up an order in the first instance which didn't help, and without boring everyone, hopefully that situation will be sorted this week as such..
However, I'm wondering, do we the consumer or PN the reseller have a door to bang against when the Mongs at BT cant be bothered to do anywork Huh
My case, order a teleline, got cancelled, order again, cancelled, order again, put on hold.  I know its not PN fault, as they go through BTW, and I still see BTW and BT OR as 1 interlinked group.
My Exchange is Hardwicke (That's in Gloucester, Gloucester City that is, not a rural part of Snowdonia with only 1 wooden shack), and my cabinet is Cab 29.
Yes there is a FTTC cab next to green cab, but unfortunately for me and other local people, BT OpenReach cant employ anyone with brains locally to figure out how to install a Linecard.... (OpenReach ? OpenR'tards more like)
So no FTTC Sad 
But no telephone/ADSL either, "cabling & jointing work" is the only words I get back from PN, which I guess means the BoneHeads who work at BTW don't give PN any real information as to whats going on...
Do I live on a new housing estate ? Yes, called Kingsway Village, building started 9 years ago.
How can 1 TeleComms firm mess up planning this bad ?
Does my house have a BT master socket ?  YES    , were the previous tenants tele users ?  YES  ,  although my guess is they used Sky......
Soooooooooooooooooo, order was re-re-raised on the 3rd March, install on 13th, then got 'DELAYED', then back on, then 'DELAYED' again, then just delay delay delay...
Then get told "OpenReach are too busy reading the Daily Star and wont do any work as poor management stops getting jobs done", 😉 followed by an update should come on the 1st April (1st ?!!!!!!! from raising an order on the 18th Feb!! FOR REAL!!!!!)
So, that's only to get an update, not to say if OR engineers have put down there copies of Daily Star!
Is there a rule anywhere, or something OFCOM have written that states BT OpenReach must not be completely useless, and must do some work so the likes of PN and others can sell simple communication products to end customers within a reasonable timeframe Huh
As said at top, not fussed with PN messing up at the start, and I know its not them employing Chimps to work in an exchange to figure how to connect lines or do pairs in cabs, etc.
70 REPLIES 70
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: 8 Week to get a TeleLine/ADSL - REALLY ??

Sorry to see the problems that you're experiencing. So that I can have this picked up, can you please raise a ticket on your account and post the ticket ID here for me?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
StuartUK35
Grafter

StuartUK35
Grafter

And today, Resellers are now showing FTTC available to order, yet PN still have my TeleLine order on hold.
If OR are taking orders for FTTC, can you crack on with chasing up my order to get me service ?
My original order was for 80/20 Fibre and Tele, which u cancelled, and then forced to order Tele with 19th century adsl max, which is delayed delayed delayed, and I don't even want ADSL....
Now FTTC is showing available to order, can I just re-order the whole thing again, which might be quicker than waiting for u (PLUSNET) to update me on my current super delayed order by the 1st April ???????Huh
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi Stuart,
See here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,137810.0.html - reply #1.
Though I am sure it is cold comfort, you are not alone.  In some areas, it would appear that BT are not playing cricket with a straight bat.  They are offering FTTC services in areas where the availability database states there is none.  If the central data base does not say that FTTC is available then orders cannot be placed.  Add to that variable availability (cabinets are never fully populated when commissioned) and matters become highly confused.
If new capacity / availability is now available at your location, the order ought to be accepted by BTw without issue.  If they do not accept it, PlusNet's hands remain tied.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Thank you for coming back to us.
I've got the account now (it's not the one linked to from the forums). It is currently with the delayed orders team here, and they will liaise with Wholesale on your behalf. I hope we can bring you good news.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
StuartUK35
Grafter

My issue with the whole thing at the moment, is before I can even moan properly about FTTC, I need a telephone line installed (OpenReach), so am stuffed cos OpenReach seem to be Useless.
I cant get any proper information as to what the hold up is for installing a telephone line.
Copper runs from house to Cab, what more do they need ?!  OK, Pairs & Ties I know, but waiting over a month for a teleline is extremely poor...
If last tenants were on Sky, then surely at the exchange, its a simple case of the engineer patching into BTW instead of the LLU ?
I got backhand info to say OpenReach should fix line issues by this Friday, but PlusNet are saying they wont give me an update until the 1st April Huh  hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Just read lots of info and other horror stories from peeps being in similar situations Sad Sad
Would appear that OpenReach can take 2 years to install a telephone line if they wish, only way it gets speeded up is if a high up Politician wants a tele service, then OpenReach are quick to move.......
Oh well,  guess am $crewed Sad
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Often initial work may be done earlier, but other work may be required afterwards. By all means, we can chase this up earlier for you though.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
StuartUK35
Grafter

I'll be asking for an update later today, as I know the guys at the exchange have run out of newspapers to read, so should be doing some work Cheesy Cheesy
What makes me laugh is the BT website (which in turn means PN, EE, TalkTalk, Sky, etc), yesterday all advertising FTTC as available, now today its back to Not available.
Do ISP's not call up OpenReach and ask them to remove the retarded idiot from the computer who keeps mis-leading you guys on a daily basis, which in turn, mis-leads us, the end customer!
StuartUK35
Grafter

Hey Guys Smiley
is 1 of you able to call 'OpenReach', and find out if they have completed there work at the Exchange (Hardwicke) today, as I was told backhanded that work should have been completed by now to enable new lines..
And then see if you progress my order ?
StuartUK35
Grafter

Guess the above is a NO...
BT OpenReach truly suck, how a firm can be so Incompetent is beyond me Sad
5 weeks later, and the ****** still haven't figured out how to run cable pairs!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Looking into this now, will update this post shortly.
Matty

Hi there,
I'm sorry for the problems that you have had so far, and for the response on here. I've just contacted OR, and came up against firm objection and have been asked to wait until 01/04.
My suspicion is that when the old provider at the property cancelled the service, the line plant leading up to your property was removed or is now in use elsewhere. It would at least explain the delays in provision.
We will check back shortly after the 1st, when hopefully we'll have a bit more of an adequate update for you.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

got backhand info to say OpenReach should fix line issues by this Friday, but PlusNet are saying they wont give me an update until the 1st April Huh?  hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So, let's suggest that PN gets informed late Friday. Sat and Sun are dead days. Monday mail etc has to be dealt with. I would say that offering as a date is reasonable.
My opinion comes from a life in quite high pressure offices. Not getting at you, but it seems these days of electronic communication no one has patience.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
StuartUK35
Grafter

Lucern
I been waiting since Feb for this order, patience has long gone.
What makes matters worse, spoke to a new neighbour who moved into a house 17 days ago, they are on same cabinet.
They called BT retail on moving in date, placed order, was connected on Weds just gone....
So other customers can get connected, yet we cant.  I guess as the pairs used to be on Sky, the guy who works in the exchange doesn't know how to move to another frame, hence the delay of over 5 weeks.
Starting to get to me now bigtime, as have spoken to 2 openreach guys who I saw working on the cabinet, who say they were just connecting lines for houses, yet I ain't one of them....
and PN get fobbed off by OpenReach, so as a customer, I get nothing.

adie:red removed abusive language.
StuartUK35
Grafter

Matty,
Firm Objection ??  (meaning an OpenReach guy told you to go away Jeremy Clarkson style ?! Cheesy Cheesy )
I know Sky had the line there previously due to the dish on the wall....
Previous tenants moved out around 3 months prior to us moving in....  So technically, my order with you is taking a 'pair' from the LLU frame onto the BT frame, like a cease and re-provide ?
But on this occasion, someone in the exchange has lost the existing copper pair, unable to find it, gone back to reading there paper, and put call on hold, until you chase, give BS answer, job goes on hold, you chase, BS update, job goes on hold, etc etc...
So my guess is, come WEDS next week, another BS update comes from OpenReach... and job goes on hold until 10th April, and it repeats......
What can I do when this happens ?  OR don't deal with consumers, PN get fobbed off by OR, Ofcom have always been a waste of time, and the only 2 things that can get OR moving ideally need more than 1 complaint! (BBC watchdog and your local MP! )
This long without a phone/broadband for a house that has a connection to the Cab is a joke Sad