cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 weeks to change over? And stilll counting??

spiralx

6 weeks to change over? And stilll counting??

I applied for transfer from Talktalk to PlusNet, and got an affirmative "OK" email Feb 5.
Heard NOTHING further until Talktalk finally disconnected me March10.  So now I am without either a phone or BB.
I emailed Support from work (lucky I can do that, isn't it!) the next morning, 11 March, saying either provide me with service or admit that you can't. 
And only THEN do I get a bland stock email saying a DD will be taken "on or after" 16 March.  No explanation for anything, so far.
Now, I have a 90-year-old mother who has a habit of being hauled off to hospital by ambulance when out walking, so a phone can be important.  Deeply un-impressed by PLusNet so far, as a  result.  (No, won't be recommending anyone change over!).
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 6 weeks to change over? And stilll counting??

HI spiralx,
It looks like the phone is already active from checking your account (the order's showing as complete as of yesterday so I suspect the disconnect you mention was the changeover happening), though the broadband order won't be completed until next week I'm afraid.
spiralx

Thanks for that, Matt.  Sadly, no dial tone last night, none this morning. 
I may just cancel and go back to Talktalk.  Better the devil you know, and all that.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

This is very, very poor.
Not only is nothing working, its taken over 1 month, and there is no explanation as to why.
Shout louder spiralx !
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well I've tested the line and a fault was identified, so I've raised it for you... we should have an update later on today. Sorry about this.
spiralx

Thanks, Matt.  I have tro say, though, I agree with mrmarkus - NO explanation, and if I couldn't use a computer to do all this contacting at work, I'd be up a creek without any paddle whatsoever!  (Which may still be the case).
I did discover "My Questions!, which shows a set of India-based internal mails, a small flurry around 9-11 Feb, and then hardly anything until now. 
This is clearly BT again, not being the least bit efficient or helpful.  Plus Net, I think you should re-consider your partners.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

On the plus side an engineer has attended and apparently there's a dial tone right up to your premises - unfortunately as you weren't in they weren't able to test further but it bodes well, there should also be a note through the door when you get in.
If you could add a mobile or other alternative contact number to your account we'll be able to book another one (should there be a need, hopefully the service will be working when you get in) or advise of an alternative form of contact? If not I can PM you through the forums or it'll be the ticket system.