cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 failed appointments just to get fibre

Astaroth

6 failed appointments just to get fibre

So today was the 6th appointment to try and get fibre installed after several no shows, then engineer shows but cabling hasnt been done yet, then the engineer was sent to the wrong cabinet etc etc etc
Text from Plus.Net at 2pm confirming the appointment was on as agreed between 2pm and 6pm. Now 6:40 and no engineer and no contact from anyone to say whats going on.
Called PlusNet team to see whats going on as no one contacts me and now over 50 minutes on hold trying to get to speak to one but the PlusNet website says call waiting is currently 32 minutes - guess I dont even count any more.
5 REPLIES 5
amcclean
Rising Star

Re: 6 failed appointments just to get fibre

Sadly Pn like all ISP s are at the mercy of wholesale talking to openreach which is where I have found the main problems arise when trying to get something sorted out.
We had about 8 visits to the house mostly unplanned and some missed visits in the end communication was the downfall.
Plusnet talk at wholesale who may agree to do work but I found that that info is not always what is passed on so you get messed up visits.
Astaroth

The annoying part of it is that the last 4 have been arranged by the complaints team at Plus Net with the Executive Complaints Team at their sister company OpenReach.  If the Exec complaints team cannot sort things out who can?
Gave up of being on hold after 75 minutes
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I doubt that Plusnet knew that nobody turned-up until long after the event.  If Plusnet's 'Executive Complaints Team' are handling your case, maybe they can give you another number to call?
If I read this correctly, Plusnet can claim £45 for each missed appointment http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen... .  Of course that probably does not cover appointments where the engineer turned-up but wasn't able to do anything worthwhile.
Astaroth

It was that 0845 number I was on hold for 1hr15 to. I am guessing after 6pm they are closed and it trips over to the regular team.
I am not alleging that they knew it would be a no show but if the exec team at OpenReach push through a 6th appointment (the second of this week) because of all the problems we've had (not just us but our 8 neighbours too, some of which have been waiting since december for their phone lines) that they'd ensure the engineer actually bothered to turn up or at a minimum called to advise that they'd been taken ill or in a crash or something since the appointment was confirmed at 2pm
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

HI Astaroth,
Really sorry for the missed appointments and call wait times, it doesn't make for a good reading at all.
I'm speaking with Kate who is dealing with this in our Complaints team and we'll get you updated asap.