Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£50 activation fee when renewing contract

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

£50 activation fee when renewing contract

I've been a Plusnet Customer for years

I entered into a new 2 year contract with you including the TV package in June and I've been billed a £50 activation fee... there was NO mention of this in the emails I'd had (nor was it mentioned during the phone call I had).

I've raised this directly with a CS Rep here on the forums but despite promises to look into it nothing apparently has happened.

To say I'm not happy is an understatement...

3 REPLIES 3
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: £50 activation fee when renewing contract

Have you just added the TV package?  The YouView+ box has a £50 charge that's referrred to as an Activation Fee (though, if it wasn't mentioned at all then I can understand that you'd be unhappy about being charged).

https://portal.plus.net/tv/

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

As I said - this was a special deal PN offered me via email  and nowhere in the email does it mention that I'd be charged £50. 

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you took the higher of the 2 TV boxes then there is a £50 fee for this, it should have been shown as you proceeded through the upgrade journey.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.