Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£50 activation fee when renewing contract

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

£50 activation fee when renewing contract

I've been a Plusnet Customer for years

I entered into a new 2 year contract with you including the TV package in June and I've been billed a £50 activation fee... there was NO mention of this in the emails I'd had (nor was it mentioned during the phone call I had).

I've raised this directly with a CS Rep here on the forums but despite promises to look into it nothing apparently has happened.

To say I'm not happy is an understatement...

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: £50 activation fee when renewing contract

Have you just added the TV package?  The YouView+ box has a £50 charge that's referrred to as an Activation Fee (though, if it wasn't mentioned at all then I can understand that you'd be unhappy about being charged).

https://portal.plus.net/tv/

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

As I said - this was a special deal PN offered me via email  and nowhere in the email does it mention that I'd be charged £50. 

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 162

If you took the higher of the 2 TV boxes then there is a £50 fee for this, it should have been shown as you proceeded through the upgrade journey.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff