cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 minute wait time...

RicoDawg
Dabbler

30 minute wait time...

Are you guys 100% serious? How can your advert say you have the most satisfied customers, yet the support lines are always so oversubscribed, there is always outrage on your own forum, and people have even set up an external website called 'I hate Plusnet'?
I am currently waiting in the support queue, 16 minutes and counting, the reason? My whole internet dropped out when my flatmate answered the landline. I am sorry, but this is just not accpetable. Maybe if we were in the early 90's and on dial up I would understand, but this is getting stupid now, I have had way too many problems in the short time I have been with plusnet. and I am seriously considering changing ISP.
It's just not good enough. Members of support who read this need to make sure the higher-ups know about this, and hopefully it will eventually get to the CEO (or someone else who can actually make a difference) so they can realise just how terrible their service is. The poor support advisers must be emotionally exhausted!
13 REPLIES 13
gnicholson8
Grafter

Re: 30 minute wait time...

Quote from: RicoDawg
make sure the higher-ups know about this, and hopefully it will eventually get to the CEO (or someone else who can actually make a difference

You mean like opening up a second call centre? As far as I am aware Plusnet has obtained A LOT more customers in recent years which has caused a problem with support and they are fixing this by opening a brand new call centre to go with their current centre so surely they are looking into this and fixing it?
picbits
Rising Star

30 minute wait time...

Editing this post as it is a little out of context as some other stuff went on which wasn't relevant to this thread.
Back on topic !
Are you on ADSL or FTTC ? If ADSL, have you made sure that everything connected to the line has Microfilters on ? It could be worth changing the one on the phone that cause the issue as they do sometimes go faulty.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I have removed a load of unhelpful and argumentative posts.
Please keep out of this thread if you can't be constructive. I apologise if removed the odd helpful post
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@RicoDawg
Apologies for the wait, just to echo the comments made by gnicholson8 we're hoping to see the fact that we've opened a second contact centre have a positive impact on that issue.
I am currently waiting in the support queue, 16 minutes and counting, the reason? My whole internet dropped out when my flatmate answered the landline. I am sorry, but this is just not accpetable

I can from checking your account that you've spoken to us about this and we've advised how to resolve the issue, please reply back if that's still a problem and I'll make sure we're doing all we can to help you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RicoDawg
Dabbler

It is still a problem. Every time someone rings the landline, and the call is answered, the internet drops out. And of course, I am still getting lag spikes in general anyway. I swapped over the microfilter, and apparently it has not made a difference.
picbits
Rising Star

Do you just have the one phone in the house ? Any other devices connected to the phone line (Sky box / Answer machine etc etc ?)
Tricky one and could be a duff card at the exchange if it isn't a filter / wiring problem in the house.
Have you tried using the test socket and just a single phone / ADSL filter / router to rule out all internal wiring ?
davidwalker900
Grafter

honstly every phone needs a ADSL filter on it is adsl connnection the every box in house have them one upstairs and downstairs and then you will not have the problem you can run double phone slots on the ADSL filter not the box on the wall
one thing to to say on this have one ADSL filter on a phone slot in the house you can't pile them on top of every one then you get a dc problems
does sky boxs you can run it to the routers now
RicoDawg
Dabbler

I live in a small 2 bedroom flat, I think there is only 1 phone socket, and that's the one we are using for the router and the landline. It's currently plugged into the test socket because of problems we had before, it worked there so I just left it.
We haven't had this specific problem before, it only started happening this week. I have tried both filters that came with the router, no difference.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Is there any noise or crackling on the phone line? Disconnections when receiving calls can be an indicator of a HR fault on the line.
Try picking up the handset - does the internet drop then, or just on receiving a call? Does it drop as soon as the phone rings, or when you answer?
Dial 17070 and choose Option 2 - Quiet Line Test. Can you hear any noise on the line?
RicoDawg
Dabbler

There is no noise on the line, the internet doesn't drop just from picking up the handset, it's only when we receive a call, it's only when the call is answered.
No noise on the line.
picbits
Rising Star

Very strange.
From an electronics engineers point of view, have you tried a normal wired phone as the only phone on the line ? Apologies if you've already tried this but if you are using cordless phones, there is a very slight possibility that the RF generated is interfering with the ADSL.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Does it need you to actually answer the call for it to drop out or if you leave it ringing does it drop out anyway? If it's the ringing that upsets it (that's the usual case) remove the phone and try with the router only plugged in to the test socket and call your number from your mobile.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi RicoDawg,
If it does the same with a different (ideally corded) handset let us know and we'll get a fault raised for you, it's not internal wiring as you're in the test socket or filters as you've tested them, and if you prove it's not the handset I can't think of anything else that needs to be tested prior to getting this raised for you.