cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 months in to Plusnet my opinion so far

hertsmas

3 months in to Plusnet my opinion so far

LO all, first to say I am usually 'firm but fair' trust me if Plusnet do me bad I will be right on here and elsewhere making it known to all as is my way.
Now :  I moved from Eclipse , who are basically a premium ptrovider about three months ago having been very loyal to them. I went with them about 5 years ago as I was a gamer ( im not now) living in the sticks and needing a first class connection. Eclipse gave me poor customer service recently then did it again and staff were rather rude so I left.
I moved To Plusnet because for the price they seem to get fair reviews and they do offer good bandwidth limits too, basically I am cutting my billls of late due to the climate but cant stand bandwidth limits TBH.
I live on the end of a long line and get around 3.5mbps and this of course hasnt really changed and why would it , same exchange same phone line dslan etc. If anything may be its co incidence but my profile has been steadier and a tadd higher since the move.
No problem with actual speeds , downloads similar web serfing fine etc so good bandwidth allowance and no contention issues for me.
With the deal I got for the first three months and a little cash back I'm happy and wish I'd moved before
however get sloppy Plusnrt and I'll be off  Wink
Regards Mas

3 REPLIES 3
mushy
Grafter

Re: 3 months in to Plusnet my opinion so far

Glad you hear you are a happy customer, long may it continue.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Like you hertsmas, I have been with PN for just over 3 months. I was with TalkTalk before (their customer service was appalling). I have to say PN has been fantastic. Customer service has been excellent on the few occasions I have used it. Where I have really noticed a difference is with the service itself. My ping times have cut in half (not sure why that is), and the speed runs pretty much at full rate (8 Mbps for me - I'm on a market 1 exchange in the sticks) all the time. On TalkTalk, my speeds slowed down every evening at peak times. I could not even stream video at peak times (and I wasn't even a heavy user). With PN, I can stream any time.
So 3 months in, I could not be happier. It is a breath of fresh air compared with TalkTalk. I even brought my phone line to PN I was so impressed. Maybe I had such a bad experience with the previous provider that almost anything would be an improvement, but so far I am genuinely impressed with PN.
PS I don't work for them! Smiley

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Glad you've got a good impression and generally it is the right one. Occasionally they drop a clanger, but often bend over backwards to put things right. Sorry for your previous bad experiences with TT but it's par for the course it seems.
Plusnet's traffic management is pretty good by and large, occasionally it fouls up, but then what technology doesn't go wrong from time to time.