cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Months Free Broadband

Chrism2
Grafter

3 Months Free Broadband

I was curious about how some of these cashback sites operate and pointed one of my referred customers setups via one.
I noticed, on setting the account up, that the box allowing you to input "refer3" was missing. Despite comments on that site to the contrary (others could see it), I figured this was because the link was from a referral site.
However, I've just repeated the exact same order, but by visiting www.plus.net/refer.
I still don't see the box. In fact, I've never seen this box. Ever. I've referred and setup a lot of accounts with PlusNet and not once have I ever encountered this voucher code box. This is on different PCs, different browsers and 'net connections - and during three separate promotional periods.
So, where is it - and is there an official line on the question: "If a referral (cashback) site is used; are promotions such as this one valid"?
Personally, I think this [referrals/voucher deals/cashback] is a pretty murky area and needs clarification and tidying up.
3 REPLIES 3
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: 3 Months Free Broadband

I can see the box, See attachment.
Edit, Hang on I'm talking about something different here, Sorry
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: Chrism2
However, I've just repeated the exact same order, but by visiting www.plus.net/refer.
I still don't see the box.

I do (see attached).
Worth considering that if you've logged into our website using the browser you're attempting to signup with, then there's a possibility that you won't be prompted for a promotional code (due to browser cookies etc.)

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Chrism2
Grafter

Ah, that's different from the guide at:
http://www.plus.net/refer/.. and I still didn't notice it.
Annoyingly, I've just signed someone up.
My original question still stands, though.