cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 hours without email and no response to my question?

Dizzley
Grafter

24 hours without email and no response to my question?

Hi
I've been a great supporter of Plusnet over the years and my referral list is burgeoning, but...
I logged a question 17 hours ago saying my email is blocked and I have not seen any update?
Come on folks!
Since 10.35am yesterday, none of my mailboxes is receiving mail - they all give a bounce message:
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain xxxxxxxx.plus.com by mx.avasin.plus.net. [212.159.9.200].
The error that the other server returned was:
550 <yyyyyy@xxxxxxxxxx.plus.com> Address or domain has been blocked by recipient

It's not really good enough.
Ticket #66133645.
Help!
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 24 hours without email and no response to my question?

Hi there, sorry for the delay. I've just nudged our networks team to take a look, you should have an answer shortly.
EDIT: And it should all be working shortly, if not already. Sorry about that.
Dizzley
Grafter

Ahhh.... it looks like my pipes are unblocked. What a relief. I was just going to get all telephonical on their ass.  Tongue
Thanks,
Peter
Dizzley
Grafter

All fixed thanks. I'm not happy that this wasn't at least dealt with quicker. I deserved an update.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
You raised the ticket at 5.30pm yesterday and it was fixed this morning? Sorry you don't feel that that's fast enough, but I'm afraid I can't see anything wrong with the response time there.
Dizzley
Grafter

Matt -
I am pleased that it got fixed within 24 hours but it would be great to get an update before that time. As I had no email connectivity it was a real problem for me - an appointment letter was nearly missed. Are you saying that these things aren't fixed overnight?
I appreciate that some things are only done in office hours but I'm surprised nothing happened overnight..
PS I work nights so it's harder than ever to contact you in office hours.
Still - glad it was fixed. Thanks for the help.
Peter
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Support phones are manned 24/7
Dizzley
Grafter

Hi Oldjim,
I assume then that after 5pm it might be better to phone, then the call can be triaged for: action, queueing for a team, or rejected accordingly.
I don't often have technical problems with PN but I suppose my expectations were a little high. (No offence meant to the teams, simply trying to judge the type of cover).
Thanks again.