cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 x failed line installs

anonymousthegee
Dabbler

2 x failed line installs

I rang up to arrange a house move on 18th July, to take my exact same package with me to my new house (phone & fibre). New house is a new build so needed a new phone line. Move in date was 31st July, so agreed an engineer visit for 1st August. Ideal.
In the lead up to the move, I then got a call saying my order had been placed incorrectly - for ADSL and not Fibre and so after the install I'd have to then get another order put through to upgrade to Fibre. A little frustrating, but mistakes happen and I was sent an ADSL router to tie me over.
Engineer turned up as arrange on 1st August but couldn't complete the work - there was no phone line to the property - said that should have been done before he arrived. So he left. Heard nothing from Plusnet, so I started chasing. Finally got an update back that the external works had now been done/resolved, so booked another engineer visit for 13th August, 8am-1pm. No engineer turned up. No call.
I'm extremely frustrated, as much by the fact that I'm constantly left in the dark and having to chase. I ring up - I end up sitting on hold for 20 minutes listening to Rick Astley.  I update my support ticket for an update - I wait for x days for a reply. I nudge on Twitter - I get told to ring the appropriate department.
I appreciate Plusnet are reliant on BT, but as a customer of Plusnet for a while now, I expect more as I feel constantly that it will just dawdle on without a resolution unless I chase - and I can't spend all my  time on the phone. It's 2014, people move houses/to new builds without phone lines every day. We can put a man on the moon, dive to the deepest depths of the ocean, split the atom, and yet getting phone/internet to a house is this much hassle.
Fed up, frustrated, grumpy. Would it be better to cancel my order and switch directly to BT?
5 REPLIES 5
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: 2 x failed line installs

Hi anonymousthegeek,
Really sorry to see the situation you've been left in, I've taken a look at the account and due to external work required to be completed this led to the install not commencing yesterday, really sorry you were not informed of this.
I've spoken with our suppliers and they've been able to confirm that the external work is complete and we're able to get an engineer to you on the 18th August between 8am - 1pm and the broadband is due to complete on the same day or the next working day at the latest.
We'll happily see this through for you until you're satisfied and also review this for you once that is the case.

anonymousthegee
Dabbler

Thanks Chris - appreciate the update.
I was told when I booked yesterday's appointment that the external work had been completed and was all resolved then, hence that 2nd visit was booked in - so I do hope it has been now - fingers crossed for Monday.
How long will I then have to wait for the Fibre order to go through and for that subsequent engineer visit?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

We'll get this pushed through for you and expedited if needed, it can be that it is the next working day(after your current order has completed) but until that time I can't be exact.
anonymousthegee
Dabbler

Now up to 4 failed line installs, after 2 separate engineer visits yesterday, both of which had the same outcome - no phone line. I'm starting to hear Benny Hill music.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi anonymousthegeek,
I'm very sorry to hear of the issues with your house move.
I have updated the ticket on your account with further information. It's with our House Moves team and they'll continue to monitor for further updates.