Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 months still no service

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: 2 months still no service

Sorry to see this hasn't been sorted yet, our provisioning team are chasing this up and will update you.
abstruse21
Grafter

But not today? Monday then. So thats another callback I didnt get...
gphancock
Grafter

Seems you and I are having a bad day with Plusnet. 
mushy
Grafter

I really do feel sorry for both of you, i would have chucked the toys out of the pram long ago but hope you both get sorted soon.
On the other side, both your stories, meladrama's,  mini series or what other words you may want to use make some interesting, fascinating and entertaining reading, please just keep us updated.
Steve
gphancock
Grafter

Thank you for your kind words Steve. I'll try to keep you updated on the other thread but may be more difficult next week with no broadband. Sad I am still surprised that people are reading my rants Smiley
It is slightly cathartic for me but not sure about those reading my posts Wink Believe me a few toys have been thrown the past few weeks and I had a wobble on here this evening reading the latest updates from Chris and Plusnet. I had thought some progress had been made this morning.
I think poor abstruse21 is having a more difficult time with all those engineers, SKY and a 8 month pregnant wife.
I do hope Engineer number 8 can resolve things for you,
abstruse21
Grafter

Thanks guys. My wife for some reason has passed through the anger stage and is being unusually reserved and laid back about the latest developments.. calm before the storm? Cannot say.
At least i do appreciate with all the difficulties with plusnet customer service this current issue does lie squarely at the feet of BT.
But that doesnt excuse plusnets lack of quality service or blatent lies. I count a lie as a promise made that is subsequently broken as well as a flat out porkie..
Plusnet do seem to be more genuinely interested in resolving the problem now than the care less attitude of previous.
I think they tried to call me this afternoon.. hard to say but they are the only withheld number that calls rings 3 times hangs up and calls again immediately rings 3 times and hangs up again that ive ever dealt with. Never had time to pull the car over and answer it was that brief. Stuffed if im calling them back to sit in a queue again to not get any useful info like usual - if it even was them of course.
KK
Grafter

Quote from: MisterW
You would have thought that PN would have mentioned the 03 number especially when they know you're using a mobile to call them!

It's a Call Centre ffs - it's staffed by the BrainDead.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

On the contrary, I find there are many good call centre staff who go out of their way to be very helpful.
I hope those who have problems get them sorted soon.
abstruse21
Grafter

Can i also point out.. engineer 7 who pointed out there was a manhole cover thar needed lifting and he didnt have the equipment for it...
This is exactly what engineer 2 told us.. so engineers 3 4 5 & 6 all missed this.. and clearly noone told BTO to send someone out to do this prior to engineer 7's visit to connect the line.
Provisioning team.. you might want to confirm this is sorted out with BTO in addition to chasing them for an update before engineer 8 arrives..
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi abstruse21,
The engineer that will be carrying out the necessary work (fault work) will be fully Faults Trained and will have access to underground cabling if/where required. Unfortunately installation engineers do not usually have access this as they are required to carry out Home Installations as opposed to resolving faults.
This in hand and is due to be resolved by the end of the day tomorrow, once this has completed, we'll be back in touch.
abstruse21
Grafter

Thank you for the update Chris. It is nice to be kept abreast of the situation as it progresses.
The fault required to go underground as pointed out to me by engineer 7 (and 2) was less of a fault and more of a lazy engineer in the past who instead of wiring up a new home nearby just stole the line connecting my home to the exchange leaving us without a fixed connection.
It just boggles the mind that a BT engineer pointed this out 5 engineers ago yet they failed to do this until now. It just seems a waste of everyone's time and money to keep sending more engineers out without fixing an issue that would prevent all of them completing the work anyway..
I understand this isn't really your fault but you really need to babysit them every step of the way or they just ignore everything that previous engineers or you or I have told them.
On a plus note. I never had much faith that bringing this matter and this thread to the attention of your CEO Andy Baker would elicit a response, however, this morning I received an email from him stating that he would instruct a senior service manager to look into this. And an apology for the frustration caused.
It may not help the situation today.. but at least I got a response instead of being ignored or passed on without a second glance.. and from someone who can actually ensure things get chased properly and who I can refer back to if things continue to go to pot..
Lets see how much of a difference it makes shall we..  Roll_eyes
abstruse21
Grafter

@Chris Pettitt
You will be pleased to know that the engineers (8 & 9)  are at my house now. I am 25 miles away at work of course. Luckily my wife had the morning off work or you would probably be trying to bill me for a missed appointment! That I only just found out about  Tongue though I am sure you wouldn't actually have charged me for that right?
He has confirmed its not a fault at all but a line been taken to use elsewhere and says he can get it sorted out no problem within a couple of hours. (He does apparently have the tools to open a manhole and is fully trained to drop 3 feet into a hole).
Oddly, I have the schematics for a BT ground installation box on my desk at work.. left behind by a BTO executive from a meeting with us a couple of months back.. Does make me wonder what is so difficult about it that only a few engineers are allowed near them, the executive I spoke with seemed to think a 3 minute video we produced on lifting a cover and getting in a hole was more than adequate training.. (I know there's a little more to it than that so please don't post all the reasons why some can and some cant open or descend into a recessed manhole cover!! One of the companies I advise and aid does in fact produce them and I have a good working knowledge of the requirements!)
I digress.. hopefully we will be with a line today! And whether you manage to uphold your sim installation promise for BB within 24 hours will have to wait until the BTO guy successfully completes his part.
Plusnet have now started to provide feedback and information to me at an acceptable level during this fiasco. Please keep it up! Not just for me but for your other customers too! Just that bit of feedback once in a while makes a huge difference! You may not like telling us there is a delay or a problem but I would rather hear that at the first available opportunity than hear nothing at all and sit on hold to you guys chasing it up.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: abstruse21
He has confirmed its not a fault at all but a line been taken to use elsewhere

You may find this blog post by the Andrews & Arnold Ltd Business Development Manager an interesting read: http://www.okcheersbye.co.uk/kelly-communications/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
abstruse21
Grafter

I have a phone line!! Shocked Shocked
Its not a very good quality line which concerns me regarding the BB install.. But its only just gone live so that may clear up.
At least the worst is over (HOPEFULLY!)
Any chance of my sim BB install being put through now?
abstruse21
Grafter

oh.. promises promises.. having replaced the order last time.. you forgot your promise to me to put it through as a sim (this is a 4 time promise I might add)...
I have just been told by phone - after calling you again - 18 minute hold time.. that it would take 5-7 days for the broadband order now I finally have a phone line.
Obviously I disagreed and had to wait on hold while the young man went off to see if it could be expedited.
My current understanding is that it may or may not get picked up today and done in a day or two. Or it could be picked up tomorrow and then done in a day or two.
Stop making promises you don't keep. It is really annoying.
Day 70 or is it 71..? I am losing count now.