cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 1/2 months later query still unresolved with 300kbs

Paulstevens69

2 1/2 months later query still unresolved with 300kbs

Now desperate to get something done I've resorted to posting this in the hope of something happening.
Query raised late June to try and improve declining broadband speed, 1.5m on a supposedly 20m line and 3 BT visits and god knows how many phone calls later my speed is at 300k and has been for several months.
The last BT visit the engineer said new cables were needed from the cabinet to my house. That was 2 weeks ago. Another visit was set up for last week, but that was inexplicably cancelled. Another one was set up for tomorrow, which took several phone calls to plus net to negotiate (why do I feel like this has become my job?) and now I've been told thatvhas been cancelled and it is too late to cancel my day off.
I was told two days ago that I would be contacted within 48 hours and unsurprisingly I haven't. I phoned this afternoon to chase this and was told I would be called back on a couple of minutes. I wasn't called back at all. I phoned back once more and Steve has at least called me back.
Needless to say the service I've recieved since coming to plus net has been the absolute worst of any company I've dealt with and I am fed up with it. This issuebhas been outstanding for 2 1/2 months andbthere is still no sense of urgency.
I want to know how I complain about this, who I can talk to at a senior level to voice my displeasure.
To any potential plus net customers out there: don't it.
3 REPLIES 3
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 2 1/2 months later query still unresolved with 300kbs

Hi there - welcome to Plusnet and the Forums.
I'm sorry to hear that you've had a fault ongoing for a long time but I can see that you spoke to one of my colleagues earlier today who has resolved the speed problems you've been experiencing. It looks like your 12Mbps throughput is exceeding what your wireless can handle, and the notes say that you're going to look into a -N router. Please let us know how that goes and if you feel that your fault isn't progressing, just post back here and we can step in.
Paulstevens69

Alex has been spending a lot of time looking into the issue, and i did get the download speed to a respectable level, but 24hrs later and therenhas been numerous drops and the speed is down to 1.9m.
I'll see whatvAlex can do about that over the next couple of days.
I'm still not happybthat the BT engineers visit was cancellednas that may have sorted the issue.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We can easily get your fault back into the 'awaiting appointment' status if necessary.
Alex should be fine to resolve this for you but as before, please let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you.