cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 days after being told am online... still no service- is this normal?

Pennique

18 days after being told am online... still no service- is this normal?

Ummm... Award-winning Broadband??? Certainly not award-winning customer service, in any case.
We were told phone line was up and running by 2 October. It wasn't. Then we were told, no - fault with BT exchange; it'll be running on 7th Oct, along with the Broadband. Even got an e-mail saying it's online and a call to confirm. Which is good...  But it wasn't.
It took another 3 days for someone to call back - then we're told it'll be online on the 14th. Then on the 14th we were told there was (what sounded like) a "type a" fault at the BT exchange and THEIR engineers have to fix it - ???? not sure what this is, why it's a problem, but NOW we have to wait until the 20th!
I did ask the (seemingly obvious) question, why - after we have been reporting for over a week that the line's not working - has Plusnet been insisting that it's fine if there's a "type a" fault?!! I asked for a manager to call me back and explain, but I'm not sure there is anyone in the company with the authority to solve customer problems. Award-winning.
So last Friday, we got MORE texts and e-mails saying we're online. WE'RE STILL NOT!!! So I called them back, asked them to contact my sister (who's at the house). That was Friday. She hasn't had a call yet. I called again yesterday, mildly irritated by now, saying I wanted to speak to a manager. Apparently there are NO managers available; the guy on the phone couldn't guarantee us a call back at any specific time and wouldn't ask a manager to call me back. He seemed confused as to why I was upset by this... AFTER 18 DAYS OF NO SERVICE, I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT MY ISSUE WOULD BE A PRIORITY!!!!
I left a trouble ticket yesterday afternoon, expecting a call back today. I got a reply at 5am saying they'd pass it on for a callback "tomorrow" (which I assumed MUST mean today - after all, they couldn't REALLY leave me YET another day without speaking to anyone, surely???
Of course they could. So I'm ranting and raving. If I thought it would be any quicker, I'd change to another provider in a flash. APALLING service.
sO YEyesterday I thought
7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: 18 days after being told am online... still no service- is this normal?

Hiya,
I'm really sorry that it's taken quite so long to get your sister connected.
Looking at our connection logs, her username is currently connected and has been for the last 12 minutes (and there have been various other connections over the last week or so).
Is it possible that you/she may have a router plugged into a different working connection with her username in it?  Otherwise it could be that the router is broken.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Welcome to the forums Pennique.
No it is not normal and I'm sure one of the Comms team will pick this up either this evening or tomorrow morning.
I would ask you to be patient but you appear to have been more than that for too long.
I can't help personally as I am a Plusnet customer like yourself.
Edit: Looks like James has beat me too it as usual.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Pennique

She must have a faulty router box then - it's showing a green light for Power but not for Wireless, Broadband or anything else. She hasn't tried connecting her laptop yet as the router is showing no broadband / wireless service.
She's also not getting any dialling tone on her home phone. Perhaps that's faulty too...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll check on that for you as soon as I get back into the office, I'm sorry for the hassle. I'll let you know what's going on as soon as I have the information.
Pennique

James, Matt & Forum Moderator - thanks for your quick replies.
I look forward to getting this sorted soonest...
cheers
Penny
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Pennique,
It looks like all the orders are complete, and that connection that James mentioned is showing as active now for over 14 hours. If there's a lack of dial tone with only the phone plugged into the master socket (no filters or anything, and with the broadband equipment and phones from other sockets removed) then we'll need to report it to BT as a fault - raise us a ticket at http://contactus.plus.net and we'll get investigating.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Thanks for your time on the phone (and sorry!).  As I mentioned, I'll give her a ring at around 2pm and try to find out what's going on with her broadband installation.