cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 Days in Hell

stinamarie
Dabbler

12 Days in Hell

After being thought a couple of weeks of angriness, sadness, etc, And after look for the right place to beware others, I fell I  have to do so, Being a high time user of broadband, one of my principal economical incomes are coming from the web, and thats for the importance towards m e of have a right connection, Plusnet just make my life complicated and make me have migraine, I'm having a normal connection around 70-100 kbps download, being trying to connect with support without any reasonable answer, and with all respects tust getting bullshit, like my distance with exchange, actually less than half-mile or other million of those, I got enough if this weekend ain't got a normal broadband that s let me work and enjoy, I will cancel my trial period, if there is problem with that cancel direct debit and finito...................Worst ever, I really will start to make anticampain for Plusnet
27 REPLIES 27
Mand
Grafter

Re: 12 Days in Hell

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems, can you tell me what the results of a BT Speedtest are please?
stinamarie
Dabbler

For some reason BT tester wasn't working this morning, like all others surprises I get every morning, Just I can laugh, but remembering others I did before they are quite similar to speedtest.net, and many others, always around 0.10 Mb upload, That's mean around 4 or 5 hours to watch any video from youtube or a few minutes to load a website a bit complicated........The Bt test before said my line will  reach maximun 512kbps, something make me think that I have a stock IP, I just want a normal speed like all my neighborhood have, with other companies and yes they have. The next figures are from the BT test i did last night. Even Bt said 250 kbps thats mean I have a stock IP and then you'll have to contact them to fix it. I'm not paying a broadband in the C. XXI to get broadband from the C.XX.
Have to be something your team can do because an answer like distance with the exchange or phone line will not satisfy myself, I want  a normal broadband, even if I cant get the 10 Mb, fact I knew, I just want to surf without time to get a couple of coffees meanwhile websites are loading.

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
56 Kbps

0 Kbps 250 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 56 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 50-250 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :220 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 127 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 5.36:41.07:53.57 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.
stinamarie
Dabbler

Of course was my mistake said 0.10 "upload",that number along "download", the "upload is much less". Thing I will understand
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: stinamarie
Your DSL Connection Rate :220 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 127 Kbps(UP-STREAM)

Can you try connecting to the test socket inside the master socket with the filter and nothing else connected (no phones).

We then need the statistics reported by your router (sync speed, attenuation and noise margin) and/or the results of another BT speed test.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
stinamarie
Dabbler

FAQ

This Test comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
126 Kbps

0 Kbps 21000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 126 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 2000-21000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :288 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 443 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 11000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 5.56:28.57:65.87 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

And now what I should do?
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If this great progress is a result of you simply connecting to your test socket, as suggested by jelv, then I suggest there is something badly wrong with your own extension wiring. The improvement to your IP Profile should result in a massive increase in download speed as soon as Plusnet catches up (usually within 24 hours).
Best wishes
Chris
stinamarie
Dabbler

I was keeping the last information to use it when you reply me back telling me there is something wrong with your wire, I've been with the some stuff from the start, triying everything and doing broadband test all times, and only one, just once i got 10 Megabites, during aproxx, 10 minutes and rechecking one and another, after that, all is gone, that's mean Is plusnet the one is not providing me with the right speed, coz if during that 10 minutes I reached that speed, I should have something closer to that, and more than 24 hours have passed, actually 14 days of slowness
stinamarie
Dabbler

FAQ

This Test comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
117 Kbps

0 Kbps 21000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 117 Kbps
Additional Information:
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 23.08:34.19:42.74 (SBE:NBE:PBE)

LAST TEST I HAVE DONE, STILL EXTREMELY SLOW AND EVEN UPLOAD IS BETTER THAN DOWNLOAD, ANY IMPROVEMENT AND MORE THAN 24 HOURS HAS GONE.......
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: stinamarie

Download speedachieved during the test was - 117 Kbps
Additional Information:
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 23.08:34.19:42.74 (SBE:NBE:PBE)

There are at least 2 problems. The first being BT's Speedtest/DLM, it's giving you a profile which is nearly 50 times greater than your sync speed. The second why are you only syncing at 288Kbps.
Can you post your router stats and PN Current line speed. For info on router stats go http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php and for PN current line speed go https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
stinamarie
Dabbler

Router stats:
DSL Connection
Link Information
Uptime: 1 day, 2:04:54
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 443 / 288
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00

PN speed:Postcode:
NW11 8SQ
Phone exchange:
CRICKLEWOOD
Estimated line speed:
6 - Checked on 2010-05-31 20:50:24
Current line speed:
itsme
Grafter

We require your SNR, attenuation etc from your router as elv asked http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,86853.msg719993.html#msg719993
This probably will only confirm that BT's DLM system has put you are on a banded profile because it has seen problems with your line. If it's not banded connecting the modem into the test socket of the master will show if there's a problem with your interal wiring.
stinamarie
Dabbler

DSL Connection
Link Information
Uptime: 1 day, 2:29:10
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 443 / 288
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 12.5 / 26.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 29.5 / 33.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 42 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 5 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 94 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0

Where could be the problem with my internal wiring, if with the same wiring I got once the right speed......l? And in that case, could you tell me how to fix it, because the wiring I'm using is the one provided for you, and following website instruction and having the connection in the internal master socket, like you showed me.
itsme
Grafter

Please don't address me ' could you tell me how to fix it, because the wiring I'm using is the one provided for you' I'm a Plusnet user not a Plusnet staff member. These forums are run by Plusnet Users and with contribution and help from PN staff members, normally only during working hours Monday to Friday. You can tell it it's a Staff member replying by their signature.
As for internal wiring problems this include devices attached to extensions using the test socket disconnect everything so it's a good place too start to establish whether the problem is internal or external. If it's external then it's down to BT fix. For internal wiring problems the main cause is the ring wire and you can read about this http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/socket.htm
stinamarie
Dabbler

Last test BT.
Download Speed
157 Kbps

0 Kbps 250 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 157 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 50-250 Kbps.
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 250 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 10.19:26.11:63.69 (SBE:NBE:PBE)

The last Bt test showed results even worst, now I'm back where I was before.....I don't know if is BT, I don't know if is Plusnet, but if already I got the normal speed that's mean I'm able to received that one. ANd for sure there is a problem with my provider, and that is Plusnet, the one I'm paying from the first day, and the one is not able to give a normal speed, and I'm feeling I'm losing my time and throwing my money to the rubbish bin, If with the same connection and wiring i got 10 Mb during ten minutes, just make the changes necessary for that..........