Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10GB Packages

jockwav
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

10GB Packages

Although i am fairly happy with PN at the moment,it would be great to have something in between the 10GB & the 60GB,i know you can pay extra if you go over the 10GB,but could you not have maybe a 15GB package as that would be a reasonable one for us. Roll_eyes Smiley
https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
19 REPLIES 19
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: 10GB Packages

Thanks for the feedback jockwav.
IMO I think a 15gb could be a little redundant and would still leave a big gap between that and 60gb. As you may know we tend to review our products each April. Where as I can't confirm or deny that anything like this is on the way do you think perhaps 25 or 30gb might better suit some customers?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jockwav
Aspiring Pro

I can see your point about the gap & yes a 25GB might be good if the price is ok. Smiley
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

I'd agree with Adam's logic about a small increase still leaving too big a gap to the next level.
As a moderator on a completely unrelated forum I spend a lot of time every day just plain web browsing and have never got anywhere near my 10GB limit, but having tried a few desktop i-player downloads I can appreciate that it would only need a small change in my habits to need at least double that monthly allowance.
A new band at around 25GB would no doubt suit many customers, but personally I would prefer to see more modest charges for going over one's allowance (the present charges look to me more like a fine than a fair charge for additional usage!)
jockwav
Aspiring Pro

10GB to 60GB is what i call a big gap,i have also been a mod on forums but i don,t see what that has to do with PN & big gaps that exist right now & not much in between. Roll_eyes
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Probably much simpler to increase the allowances on all products as general usage increases in line with new technology, double is a nice round figure  Wink
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Jockwav: I took Adam's post as inviting opinions and feedback from "some customers" so I described my experience and usage as "a customer"!
I also agreed with the "big gap" between 10-60 so i'm not quite sure what point you are trying to make.
Heloman
Grafter

I think your point was well made JayG. Perhaps Jockwav didn't understand that you were explaining why you spend a lot of time on-line.
Up until now, 10GB has been more than enough for me. But I now have a new TV which is internet connectable, and has built in links to the BBC I-Player,
Demand 5 etc.
I have a feeling that something like 25-30GB will shortly be very welcome  Wink
gswindale
Grafter

Just to add that I would also possibly welcome a package somewhere around say the 25GB mark.  It would of course depend on other restrictions as to whether I would find it suitable.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

PN do muck around with the GB fairly often.
Oldjim and I were on a 2G package not that long ago and they upped that to 10G, but you had to ask, we jumped.  From a recent comment this week I think some people are still on 2G
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Usage now 10.09GB of the 10GB allowance - fortunately new month starts at midnight
pierre_pierre
Grafter

mines 7.8 and run out tomorrow night
baldrick
Grafter

do you think perhaps 25 or 30gb might better suit some customers?

Yes I do, providing the cost is acceptable - preferably close to £0.
As a victim of the great Market 1 price rip off why not look at that at the same time?
Anonymous
Not applicable

[quote=baldrick]As a victim of the great Market 1 price rip off why not look at that at the same time?
The "Market 1" rip off is a double whammy, as not only do we get charged significantly more than the majority of other customers, but we are also likely to be stuck (in some cases seemingly indefinitely) on inferior 20CN ADSL1 so we receive a fraction of the national average broadband speeds as well !
Nearly double the cost for half the performance - how can that be fair ?  Angry
Isn't about time that those of us on doubly disadvantaged 20CN+"Market-1" packages got a discount ?
jkerr82508
Grafter

The "Market 1 rip-off" is the inevitable result of the so-called free market in broadband provision. The theory being that in the absence of  competition, BT would be able to charge what they consider to be  an "economic" price for provision of service in small exchanges - a price that could be several multiples of the regulated price. (The fact that in many such exchanges broadband provision has been subsidised by the taxpayers seems to be ignored.)
This effect can be seen in that private package carriers routinely charge much higher rates (or simply refuse to provide service) to "remote" areas. This will no doubt also be the situation after the full de-regulation of postal services, which some politicians seem to be intent upon.
Jim