cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuesday 12th May

Tuesday 12th May

Tuesday 12th May

Hello readers! Greetings from the nice, cool air conditioned Dev floor - yes the air con is working properly so there's nothing to moan about, woo hoo! We have a Customer Support themed EOD for you today, first up is Lee from.. The CSC (suprisingly!)

It's been a lovely sunny day in Sheffield (for once), and Team B have been dealing with most of your queries today. Our Top 5 issues in the CSC today are as follows: 1. Fault Updates - customers calling for updates to their faults, or providing us with further information we have requested. 2. Router setups - still a lot of people after help with setting up routers; both our own and 3rd party models being seen. 3. Username/password confirmation - customers calling to confirm usernames, passwords, and sometimes router settings 4. Email setup - customers after help with setting up their email clients (Outlook, Thunderbird etc.) 5. Webmail issues - we've had a problem with our webmail today which has caused a few calls today, but our networks team are well on top of it!

Many Thanks Lee!  Next it's Mark from Business Support...

Today has been nice and quiet on the Business Team but we can always find work to do 😛 Martin has been ensuring all faults are up to date, Oliver has been managing the floor today while team mangers have been in and out of meetings all day. Adam has been ensuring that all new orders have been correctly placed and any delayed orders are chased up with our suppliers. I have been finished off lots of odds and ends all day, lastly Chris(2) and Mick have been busy on calls and tickets all day. Finally Chris and Phil have been in and out of the office all day making sure that some migrations onto the Plusnet Partner platform go smoothly (I think they have been in the beer garden all day).

And finally Comms, here's Mand...

Happy Tuesday, or is it? Today we've been enjoying the lack of anger around the desk now Bob is on holiday. James has been in the forums. Chris has been working on problems, service status and tweeting (or is it twittering?). He also introduced me to a cool new band via Spotify. Matt has been Pete's minion for the day, doing all sorts of ad-hoc work. I've been working on a couple of particularly troublesome problems, attending meetings galore, and drinking copious amounts of Pepsi. Today's comm-ic is here. Catch ya later Smiley Mand

Thanks for reading, till the next time! Andrew. ***STOP PRESS*** This was filed while I was constructing the post.  Take it away Nick!

Faults - Hi all! Been a busy day today - having been down an agent unexpectedly, we've been trying to cover all the bases. This meant that as a secondee I've had plenty of opportunity to get my teeth into a wide variety of different faults. It's been interesting to see the other side of the faults process, as I'm normally the one diagnosing them on the phone rather than sorting it out with our suppliers. I've been working Authentication and No Sync faults today, with Brad's expert eye and advice covering my every move, whilst Brad himself has been dealing with out logged intermittent faults. He's been working that pool with Mike, getting as many cleared as possible. Tony's been on logged authentication faults as well as hammering the logged speed issues, while Al's been getting the speed issues early in the CSC pool. According to Brad, Keith has been 'Loving the WBC and CSC faults pools' too. That's it from today. Looking forward to getting stuck in again tomorrow. Good to get so much resolved today.

Thanks Nick! That really is all this time... ta ta!

0 Thanks
0 Comments