cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi

Barbt

Wifi

I’m wanting to change from wired connection to wireless for an aunt of mine. Please can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of her router etc. Will she need a new router? She is wanting to change from a wired connection with a desktop to wifi with an iPad. Thanks for help in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Wifi

@Barbt Welcome to the forums.  To connect the iPad to the router - which you will not need to change, btw - you merely find her network on the iPad, select it,you will then be asked to enter the wireless key, and then click connect. NOTE the wireless key is case-sensitive, so must be entered exactly as it shows.

John
Barbt

Thank you so much. I assumed that I would have to change the router. Will the wireless key be on the router?

jab1
Legend

Yes, the key will be on the sticker on the base/back of the router (which one is it, do you know?)

You will still be able to use the desktop, by the way.

John
Barbt

Great, thank you. I’m not sure about the router as we don’t live nearby, but I will check it out with her when we speak. I just want to get prepared for when we go to visit, so that I can do it all for her. You’ve been very helpful.

jab1
Legend

No problem - that's what we're here for. Any problems, just shout. 😀

John
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Barbt 

Have a look at the following page.

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/

Under "Your PlusNet Router" there are four options. The top two are what you need. The first helps you set up a router and the second helps identify which one you have.

Brian

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Barbt

Thank you once again!