cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi drop outs

Road2ruin

Wifi drop outs

Hi, like a lot of Plusnet users I too am having issues with Wi-Fi dropping out on devices intermittently.  

To set the scene; I live about 200m from any other property so there is no conflicting channels ( I have also tried all of them). I have also disabled the 5ghz Wi-Fi as nothing uses it. I have also done a factory reset. The signal is strong throughout the house and the Wi-Fi will just say no internet available. 

If you log on to the router the log page says 'client disassociated'. It will eventually reconnect. It happens on all devices periodically.

Plugging in another Wi-Fi transmitter and connecting to that solves the problem for all devices connected to that one, but still not the hub one!

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Wifi drop outs

Hi @Road2ruin,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. It sounds like the router may be faulty if the connections are dropping off despite another wireless device not experiencing the same problem. I've ordered a replacement router to be sent to you to see if this remedies this and we'd expect it to arrive within the next 3-5 working days. Please bare in mind it may arrive a little later than usual due to the time of year. I hope this helps but if there's any further issues then please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team