cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the BT Smarthub 6 on a Plusnet Account

Andy55

Re: Using the BT Smarthub 6 on a Plusnet Account

Hi,

Fitted new NT Smarthub 6 business yesterday and whilst it seems stable I appear to be getting slightly slower speeds on both 2.4 and 5gh. Plusnet showed around 63-65 ghz getting just under or just over 60 with the smarthub. Have checked with channel analyser and using least cluttered channels (1 and 36).

Is it likely it's till updating or settling in?

Thanks

Farnzie
Dabbler

I could have sworn I posted on here last night - I've given up with the Hub6 as it keeps dropping out and the orange flashing light is a constant companion.

I had shown the logs last night but it either did not post or my post was removed?Huh

We are back on the plusnet router (not sure exact model but think it's the sagemcom one) with a whopping 1.2Mb/s Sad

Not sure why its gone so bad???

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

@Farnzie it was trapped in the spam filter, I’ve now released it. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
G3WYP
Rising Star

Thank you Baldrick1 for your great and simple instructions. I managed to buy a Smart Hub 6 for £10 and within 10 minutes of connecting it I was up and running.

Derek

Shaunwood
Dabbler

@Baldrick1 i have followed your very detailed post re set up and all is fine until the last step when i try to connect. it just never connects.

Its saving my username and password ok. Have i done something wrong?

I just get the solid orange light and no connection.

Hope you can help, would love to be able to use the BT hub for better wifi coverage.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Shaunwood 

You are confusing things by posting on two threads. What happens when you select Connect on the advanced broadband tab, see the green tab on your third screenshot

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Shaunwood
Dabbler

@Baldrick1 Apologies. I could not find this thread again so posted on other. Now i cant delete other.

Exactly what you see on the 3rd screenshot is what happens. It says Connecting in pink, spins for a while then nothing. on this screenshot i had actually pressed connect and then after a few seconds it reappears.

i have reset it twice with the exact same result.

One question, how critical is the timing for connecting the dsl cable? I may have left mine connected during set up.

Baldrick1

@Shaunwood 

I would leave the DSL cable out until it is clearly trying to connect. There's no rush. Alternatively try switching it off using the switch on the back, leave the mains on. Leave it a minute then switch it back on the same way, leave the lights to stabilise. If it's showing disconnected then try the connect tab.

Moderator and Customer

Shaunwood
Dabbler

@Baldrick1 have tried what you suggest above. No joy.

Any other suggestions please?
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Are you using the correct password,  it is the password, you use to connect to your member centre.    (yourusername@plusdsl.net ) Also early firmware did not like odd characters in the password ie, @£&*^$)(* etc so if you presently have an odd character in it  change password until firmware updates.

Shaunwood
Dabbler

Definitely using right password. No funny characters only letters and numbers.
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Try a hard reset, leaving the pin in for at least a minute until hub reboots. if that fails then could be a faulty hub which is not connecting to your broadband. Try another dsl cable.

Shaunwood
Dabbler

@LifeonMars have tried a hard reset and so am starting to think i have a faulty hub.

Have just ordered another one from ebay to try.

will post back here if i have any luck.

sju68
Hooked

Sorry. I’ve got to step 10. I’ve clicked connect but my plusnet username isn’t there (didn’t have the save option) it’s defaulted to the precious one. I’ve connected the DSL, will this do it? It is saying it is connecting and I’m trying my best to be patient!
Baldrick1

@sju68 

Nope. What you need to do is remove the DSL cable again. Enter your  Plusnet username and password, select Connect and only then plug in the DSL cable. You should find that selecting connect is the step that now actually saves the Plusnet credentials. If you plug the DSL cable in before it is trying to connect then it will indeed revert to the default BT settings

Moderator and Customer