cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the BT Smarthub 6 on a Plusnet Account

Wombat22
Hooked

Re: Using the BT Smarthub 6 on a Plusnet Account

Hi @Baldrick1  Thank you for setting up instructions for HH 6, not very good at tech stuff but all up and running.

One thing maybe you could advise, probably an obvious answer, on PN Home Manager it showed all my Wifi connections. On BT Home Manager, out of 11 devises connected it only shows a few each day. I thought it may be that they hadn't been in use for a few hours and had dropped off the list, but makes no difference. All of them are connected using the new hub details and are working, but wondered why they don't all show like they did the first day?  I know if it's not broke don't fix it, but just curious

Thanks again.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Wombat22  Welcome to the forum.

I have no idea what a BT Home Manager is,

If you log into the Smarthub and go to the My Network tab it should show all your devices. If they are not currently connected they will remain shown until, from memory,  the lease is renewed, which again from memory is set to 1 day, I have increased mine to 21 days. Is this where you are looking? If you are just looking at the drop down list on this page is the filter set to Show All?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Wombat22
Hooked

@Baldrick1 

Thanks for your reply, my mistake, page is called BT smart hub manager.

On " my devices ", it shows  Ethernet 3 , 2.4. =5 and 5ghz =2. Makes 10 devices, yet 14 are connected. Just wondered why all 14 are not shown as the were on the PN equivalent, does it matter or should I be looking elsewhere ?

Wombat22
Hooked

@Baldrick1  Sorry to be a pain, just found what I was looking for on advanced settings. Thanks again.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

New firmware version SG4B1B0092DE applied overnight here 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Wombat22
Hooked

I had an update on 26/9
SG4B1000B540 not seen anyone mention that one. Mine is not the business one though.
Baldrick1

@dvorak 

Mine updated 5 minutes ago.

@Wombat22 

This is a Business hub update. The residential versions have different firmware and update at different times.

Moderator and Customer

Wombat22
Hooked

Oh thanks, just pleased mine updated at all.
Wilecoyotep

Just wanted to say thanks for the instructions on page 1.

Bought a BT HH6 and just connected it all succesfully. Seems to be working lovely.

Surfer
Grafter

I installed the BT business Smart Hub 6 yesterday and no issue following instruction in OP. It also updated the software to the latest version at the same time. 

However I noticed that if I go to the Home page, not Status, the box or section "Public wifi" & "BT wifi" is greyed out with message "activating".  If I click on the box it opens and I can see in the top section it states "Public wifi, Wifi network name; BTWi-fi.  Activating.  Guest Wifi; Free wifi for guests. This is set to off.

However underneath it has;

Create a pay-to-use wi-fi hotspot.
BT customers can sign-in for free.

I cannot turn this off as it is "greyed" out.  Is it possible to turn it off as there isn't any option in the "Status" page?  I don't want others logging into my router.  Thanks.

Baldrick1

@Surfer 

The greying out on the home page confirms that it's not active. It might be that this needs a little time to access the BT servers and realise that it's not connected to a BT account before you can turn it off when you click on the greyed out box.  Even if you have a BT account I think that this can take 24 hours to switch. Note that even if it's showing as on it can't be used by other people. The feature just doesn't work if there's no associated BT account.

Public wifi.jpg

Moderator and Customer

Kel1980

Hi just a quick question can I change my settings on my hub 6 without hooking it up to a computer after factory reset? New to all this
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

You have to enter http://192.168.1.254.  to access on a web browser

Kel1980

Thank you so I could do it on my phone without a computer? And do it that way before I plug it all in to the master socket?
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

You can do it on your computer, without the dsl lead in, only plug the dsl lead in to the master socket when you are going to connect.