cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Hub One either an WAP or a simple coupler.

WotW
Grafter

Using a Hub One either an WAP or a simple coupler.

Hello, hope everyone is well,

I received a Hub One recently, I love it!

My 'office' is on the other side of a wall from the living room, where the line comes into my flat. I used to have the H1 in the office, and the cables ran through a pokey hole back to the living room to the DSL. But this meant the signal in the kitchen, and the all-important xBox sat at the edge of the WiFi signal.

I would like to see if I can run an ethernet cable from the H2 (sitting proudly in the living room) through the wee hole into my office and plug this into my H1. I would then use the H1 as my sole wireless connection for my two laptops.

If possible I would like to connect one of my laptops physically to the H1 with ethernet cable.

I did try this yesterday using instructions from the forum, but it didn't work. And the instructions I've googled this morning say to do the same thing.

Of course, none of the scenerios I've read are specific to these two routers, maybe there is something PN specific I am missing.

Before connecting the H1 to H2, I changed the IP address, turned off DHCP, and the firewall, rebooted it. Then connected it to the H2. The cable is in the LAN 1 port of H2, and I've tried both LAN 1 and WAN ports in the H1.

Any help would be appreciated, now that I've tried to do it I won't be able to let it go until I get it working!

1 REPLY 1
WotW
Grafter

Re: Using a Hub One either an WAP or a simple coupler.

Got it working!

I reset the Hub 1 and it started working immediately!  I have switched off the DHCP and firewall, as recommended.

Thank you