cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a BT Business Smart Hub 3 on plusnet FTTC or FTTP?

boogle
Hooked

Re: Using a BT Business Smart Hub 3 on plusnet FTTC or FTTP?

No further forwards. I moved from FTTC to FTTP with plus recently. The router won't connect on either type of connection, you can't alter the BB username or even get that page to load properly. I am currently using the plusnet hub plugged into the ONT with 2.4ghz wifi and the BT hub connected via ethernet using the 5ghz wifi (DHCP switched off). It works but not ideal as two devices instead of one and the orange light flashes on the BT hub which could be annoying. Over summer I am going to take it to someone elses house who has BT FTTC and see if it works more fully there, at least it migh download new firmware, as the 0.74 firmware is glitchy, for eample, after setting the 5ghz network name and encryption key, it shows as "unknown" in the menu but continues to work! If I were you I'd get a TPlink for about £50 and forget about the BT business smart hub 3

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Using a BT Business Smart Hub 3 on plusnet FTTC or FTTP?

0.74 firmware is very old and I doubt it will update unless the hub is doing the PPP connectivity.

Regardless, a newer firmware still isn't going to offer you the ability to change the PPP credentials away from their defaults.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵