Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Technicolor as repeater wirelessly

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Using Technicolor as repeater wirelessly

Re: your PM

You asked me about the DNS values.  On my laptop the property settings for wireless connection show IPv4 as set auto but the DNS is fixed with values in there.

That's ok provided the DNS values are valid.

On the LAN connection the IPv4 properties show as 'use the following' with 192.168.1.10 and the DNS is set to 'use the following' but it's empty. Is there a problem here?

That won't affect a wifi connection but I suggest you change that to "auto" for both the IP address and the DNS values, to ensure wired connections work.

It may be advisable to reset the technicolor router and start afresh.

AT
Dabbler

Re: Using Technicolor as repeater wirelessly

Right, so I have reset my LAN adapter IPv4 and DNS both to 'Obtain automatically'. I did a resart just in case. I then switch off wifi then plugged in the newly reset TG router. The router is showing power on, ethernet flashing and wifi flashing. I still get '192.168.1.254 is not reachable'. Over and over.

So, I used another laptop and again with wifi off and the lights showing as above I got into the login page using 192.168.1.254. I had to attempt login multiple times but eventually got the full GUI. Followed Home Network, Interfaces, Local Network, IP addresses.  It shows 3 of them as follows:

10.0.0.138/24   static

192.168.1.254/24   static

192.168.1.253/24 (for content sharing

I click on Configure and Edit box for 192.168.1.254 and it throws me out back to login page!!!!

I tried this multiple times and cannot get past Edit button.

Am I doing the right things?

The daft thing is I have been in before and reset things as required. Don't understand why it won't let me do it again.