Did you mean: 

Use a BT Hub 2, 3, 4 or 5 on a Plusnet connection

MDM6588

Re: Use a BT Hub 2, 3, 4 or 5 on a Plusnet connection

This was my issue too! glad to see a solution! Hopefully get it sorted tonight

saintly1
Dabbler

I'm on Plusnet fibre FTTC , and its working great, but just for the hell of it to see it wifi would be any better, i purchased a BT Smart Hub- Type B.

Bought one off ebay, reset it, put my Plusnet details in, checked the stats page in the hub it says i am connected as i am on a static IP With Plusnet i can confirm its all ok and on my account.

But nothing in the house (pc/tablet/phones etc) will not connect to the internet, Plug my old FTTC router in and it all works ok.

Anyone any ideas what to try?

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Try splitting the 5GHz and 2.4GHz and logging back in to each. Perhaps you  have confused them!

saintly1
Dabbler

Thanks for the suggestion, but i should have mentioned it's wired and wireless that are affected, nothing can connect to the internet even thought the router says it ok

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro

I wonder if the router has reset correctly.

See post 41 here

https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/BT-Home-Hub-6-Smart-Hub-on-PlusNet/td-p/1349153/page/3

I would fully reset the router  using both methods  and try again. 

saintly1
Dabbler

Yeah it works.

Only thing different i did today was have all the cables plugged in when i reset it!

connectcreative

Tried to no avail. I own the BT Smart Hub and use it with fibre. I've followed the instructions to the letter but keep getting the same error - It's refusing to accept my Plusnet username and password in the hub settings - a dialogue pops up saying 'Error' with a red exclamation mark icon. There's no description of what the error is.

• I've fully reset the hub following instructions in the thread
  • I've double checked my Plusnet username and password are correct and entered in the correct settings area
  • I've cried. Lots.

I'm at a loss and had to resort to my old Plusnet router. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro

Are you using an odd character within your password  for username@plusdsl.net .   ? if so perhaps the BT Hub does not like it. 

connectcreative

Thanks for the reply. I'm using a question mark in my password, so maybe that's it. I'll update my password and give it a try.

I'll report back!