cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor TG789 firmware

keynet

Technicolor TG789 firmware

Hi,

After retiring my venerable ST780WL of 12 years service (and several firmware upgrades!), I now have a TG789vn.

I'm wondering if a kind soul has a later firmware for the TG789vn ? (original version) - I'm on 8.4.3.I currently.  Would even be handy to have copy of this version in case of a need to completely rebuild it.

Perhaps Plusnet admin has access to the Technicolor firmware stockpile ?

Once upon a time modem-help was the go-to place but sadly it appears to have gone, which means even finding the right manual/CLI listing is tricky !

Appreciate any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Technicolor TG789 firmware

Hi @keynet

This isn't a Technicolor model of router that we've supplied so I'm afraid we wouldn't have the firmware to push out to it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
keynet

Thanks, I wasn't looking for you to push it out, rather retrieve it from the Technicolor partner website and plonk it where you usually do

http://products.plus-payh.co.uk/firmware/

https://www.technicolor.com/contact/products-support "The support service does not provide any firmware updates, which are directly handled by service providers. Please contact directly your usual service provider to request firmware updates."

That I'm doing.

Once upon a time you could do freely download this stuff and as a IT pro it's very disappointing to go back to the dark ages waiting for someone to post you a floppy disk !

Thanks for your help

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @keynet,

That would only apply if you received the router from your ISP, as they would be able to update the firmware for you. As we don't supply that kind of router we don't have any firmware at all to assist you with unfortunately.