cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talktalk WiFi hub won't connect

madsweatymole

Talktalk WiFi hub won't connect

Hello!
I have searched the forum and can only find threads that mentions my old router but no solution. I was wondering if it is possible to connect a TalkTalk WiFi hub (the fibre one) to plusnet.

When I moved house I switched to a DSL connection with my Talktalk router so I know it works with normal DSL. I don't have too many options on the Internet settings, but I change them to:

PPP
Madsweatymole@plusdsl.net
Password

DNS automatic

Has anyone had any joy getting these to connect? The router recognises there is an Internet connection as it gives me download and upload speed on the main screen but I can't actually access the Internet with it. That router was amazing for signal quality and regrettably the plusnet one is a considerable drop.
4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Talktalk WiFi hub won't connect

@madsweatymole Welcome to the forums. The TT modem/router will only work on the TT network - it is locked.

If you want a better hub for PN, the BT HH6 is available on eBay for not a lot, and connection/configuration help is available on the 'My Router' board.

John
madsweatymole

Thanks for the quick reply. Is that better than a BT Smart hub 2?

I spoke to an advisor who changed the plusnet router settings in the hope it will help, but I'll still probably want a better one.

The other I'll send back to Talktalk.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Can't really answer the first question - I don't use any of them and have no experience, but the HH6 is cheap, guaranteed to work and much better than the PN Hub1.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@madsweatymole 

Assuming that it's a stand alone Smarthub 2 the significant difference between this and the original Smarthub (a.k.a. Smarthub 6/HH6 ) is that you can't separate the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands on the newer Smarthub 2.  If you can afford it get a Business version of the Smarthub 6. These give you more options, such as the capability of selecting your own choice of DNS server.

You will find setting instructions and more information pinned to the top of this board.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'