cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup - New User

Reznap

Setup - New User

Hello all,

I'm currently being connected to plusnet on 1/2/2019.

I was previously a Fibre user with BT years ago and moved to Virgin. Due to issue's with latency (Gamer) I'm moving to Plusnet.

Question. I'm looking to use my own router ASUS RT-N66U

I still have the old Openreach Huawei EchoLife HG612 Version 3B Modem from my BT days. Can I use this? Or does it need unlocked?

• Plug in Openreach Modem HG612 (When activated)
  • Plug that to my Router Asus RT-N66U
  • Configure Router with Manual settings, PPPOE etc, 

Anything else I'm missing? Thxs in Advance Smiley

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Setup - New User

Looks like you have got it, just need to enter your username and password - have a look on the forum for the exact format.

It is worth getting the PN router in case of issues, should only cost £6.99, got to be worth it for the peace of mind, and will cut out problems.

Reznap

Thanks PN router coming anyhow as back up Smiley Might even buy the Smart Hub 6 also Smiley

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

The settings for your router are here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/. You don't need to unlock the HG612 but it can be useful to be able to access WAN statistics if you have problems. Instructions are here https://kitz.co.uk/routers/hg612unlock.htm. I keep a similar set up in my cupboard just in case I have problems For every day use I use a Business version of the Smarthub 6 as it's an efficient, unobtrusive,, single box solution with good wifi performance. The Plusnet Hub One is a BT Home Hub 5a with tweeked firmware and the case changed to garish ivory and pink with a very bright, non adjustable light that constantly shines forth. Smarthubs are cheap on Ebay if you pick the right one. Just make sure that you get the FTTC version. This has four yellow LAN sockets. The FTTP version has a red WAN sticker fixed to one of yhe LAN sockets.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Reznap

Cheers. Appreciated