cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a TP-Links Deco M5 with a Plusnet Hub 2

hellebore1625
Hooked

Setting up a TP-Links Deco M5 with a Plusnet Hub 2

Hi, I have another thread from when I initially made an enquiry about this a year ago (the response fixed my problem, but now I need to start again from scratch). I have tried to post at the end of that thread for ease of use, but can't seem to work out how to do that. Can you advise me?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 407

Re: Setting up a TP-Links Deco M5 with a Plusnet Hub 2

@hellebore1625 this https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Using-TP-Link-AC13000-Deco-M5-with-Plus-net/m-p/1877433 appears to be your original thread .

What else do you need to know ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hellebore1625
Hooked

Thanks for responding so quickly. I just really need to know if the set up procedure has changed. I am going to attempt to re-set it up again tomorrow and I am anxious to be sure that someone will be available to advise should I get stuck. I tried last week, and failed. Ended up with no internet for a week, which for this family is a big problem. 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@hellebore1625 

Help will be around. What has gone wrong with your set up?
If all else fails factory reset the hub and Deco. On the Hub 2 push a paperclip or similar in the reset hole. Keep the switch closed until you get a green light, then set it into bridge mode as per the other topic. You will need to read the manual to reset the Deco.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

hellebore1625
Hooked

The mistake I made was believing my internet had gone down...It was working fine as I did the firmware update, but then suddenly I lost it...I called plusnet who advised me to do a factory reset, and it seems (according to the engineer who eventually came out) that all that was wrong was that I did not press the hole long enough!

I am having to reset up the Deco 5 because it suddenly went back to the beginning, locked all my devices which were locked at the time it went down, and asked me to set it all up again. I am not sure if my son tampered with it, or if Deco forced this on me, because firmware updates can only be done manually on my device currently.