Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate Router For Oculus Quest

FIXED
TaargusTaargus

Separate Router For Oculus Quest

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is possible but hopefully someone can tell me.

I'm using a BT Home Hub 6 in place of the Plusnet Hub One for my internet connection. What I'd like to do is take the unused Hub One and connect it to my PC as a dedicated 5GHz router for use with Oculus Air Link to ensure maximum speed and minimal hiccups.

The current wired set-up is as follows: BT Home Hub 6 - AV600 Powerline Adapter - PC

I'll be using the Gigabit LAN on my motherboard as well as a USB Gigabit LAN connection.

I'm not sure which setting need to be changed within the Hub One to have it work as a separate wireless situation.

Thanks for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Separate Router For Oculus Quest

Fix

@TaargusTaargus 

I'm not sure which setting need to be changed within the Hub One to have it work as a separate wireless situation.

Disable DHCP, change its LAN IP address to 192.168.1.2 , maybe disable the 2.4ghz Wifi so as not to interfere with the HH6 wireless. Maybe even change the 5ghz band if both the Hub one and Oculus can support the higher bands.

Then connect from your PC to a LAN port on the Hub One. You'll also need to bridge the two network interfaces on the PC

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TaargusTaargus

Re: Separate Router For Oculus Quest

The bridging wouldn't work on Windows 11, suspect it was my USB adapter. However I made the settings changes and connected directly to the powerline adapter and it's running smooth as butter! Thanks.