cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router password temperamental

patstockdale

Router password temperamental

Hi

Every week or so my relatively new fibre router refuses wifi connections from existing and new devices.

Just says wrong p/w

The only way to fix is to turn it on and off, after which it will accept the p/w and existing devices reconnect

Anyone experienced this/ know of any fixes (status light is not impacted when this issue occurs)

Also would a spare plusnet fibre router from my son possibly solve the issue (he has switched to BT and has a spare)

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Router password temperamental

Hiya @patstockdale, I am really sorry for the issues with your WiFi and the router.

We can amend some of your router settings remotely our side for you, to split the wireless frequencies (as opposed to having them synced) to see if this helps? If you would like me to do this, please just let me know; it will likely just cause a brief drop in the WiFi signal.

Alternatively, if you would prefer to do this yourself I've sent you an email with the steps on how to do this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Router password temperamental

@patstockdale - I suspect you're suffering from the issue being described over here.

If so, I have just pushed an update to your router that will be applied the next time you restart it.

Hopefully it helps.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵