Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router models and their service/supply dates

BRABUS
Grafter

Router models and their service/supply dates

HI there,

looking around und the forums I was wondering if anyone knew what the different PlusNet supplied router models were and what dates they were supplied form/to?

5 REPLIES 5
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Router models and their service/supply dates

Hello @BRABUS

Over the past 5-6 years, we've sent out the following routers (the dates are estimated);

Thomson TG585 v7/v8: 2009 - 2012

Technicolor TG582n: 2012 - 2016

Sagemcom 2704N: 2015 - Present

Hub One: 2016 - Present

I hope this helps

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
BertieBassett
Grafter

Anoush,  Is there any advantage of having a Hub One rather than a Sagemcom please?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

We send out Hub One routers for fibre optic installations.

The Hub One supports AC Wireless and is Dual Band, whereas the Sagemcom 2704N is Wireless-N and only operates on 2.4 Ghz frequency.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
BRABUS
Grafter

Does the Hub One have the option to set static IP's unlike the 2704n?  I actually miss my tg585 router for configurable options like that Undecided

I was disappointed when I signed up to a 2 year contract and the 2704n is what they sent me.  The customer options guy never mentioned I would lose the features I had previously.

Does anyone have a proper manual for the 2704n and the Hub One please, Google is not helping me so far lol?

dougjbarnes1
Grafter

Seems a pity that when I was having problems with my 2704 that Plusnet didn't replace it with the Hub1, instead of leaving me with two Routers, a BT one AND a 2704 (with its limited configuration), I would also hope that it is more reliable than my 2704 which still goes AWOL on odd occasions