cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet router power light is red

Zerocrop2000

Plusnet router power light is red

The power light on my Plusnet router is just red and no other lights are on. There is no internet connection. I’ve tried turning it off and on again (waiting 30 seconds) and tried to reset with a paper clip.

Is there anything else I can try?
2 REPLIES 2
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Plusnet router power light is red

Hello @Zerocrop2000,

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear about your router. To be honest it sounds like the router is for lack of a better term kaput and you will need a new one.

I have looked into the options available for your account and responded via this ticket as it contains account specific information.

Please get back to me here once you have reviewed this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Plusnet router power light is red

Welcome to the forum.

That's normally an indication of a dead router. If you have been with Plusnet for less than 12 months then Plusnet will replace it for free. If you are outside of this period then again Plusnet will replace it (you may need to pay P&P) for free if you take out a new contract.

Do not buy a replacement from Plusnet. Instead go onto Ebay and get a BT Smarthub 6. They go for around £20.  Many of us use them. You will find setting up instructions here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'