cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub Two

tonykirkhan77

Plusnet Hub Two

plusnet hub two seems NOT to have a 192.168.1.1 gateway. Problem, I have a weather station with two consoles. both require a SSID wifi access to the router. One was setup on a HUB ONE it works. Now I have changed to HUB TWO. SO what is there an alternative?

7 REPLIES 7
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: Plusnet Hub Two

The default network settings for the Hub One and Hub Two are the same, they both share the same IP Address of 192.168.1.254, this will be the network default gateway IP for your network.

So you either keep using the Hub One or reconfigure the  Hub Two to match the Hub One

You can change the Hub Two wireless name to be that of the Hub One

Dan

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

@tonykirkhan77 

for the benefit of the forum community what actually fixed your problem?

Dan.

tonykirkhan77

No, the gateway is http://192.168.1.254 but when you need to use as a gateway all get is home page of the router, or have I missed something?

The Weathercloud.net needs 192.168.1.1 to connect the PWS. console's WiFi link.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Hi, it depends what your understanding of what the gateway IP Address means.

Every network device has a unique IP Address in most cases it is applied to a device dynamically by the router being used by DHCP, the network gateway is the device which allows all network traffic to pass to another network (eg. internet), so when you enter http://192.168.1.254 in a browser you will in deed connect to the Hub One or Two home page assuming no local changes have been made to it's IP Address.

DHCP for the Hub One and Two issue IP Address within the range 192.168.1.64 to 192.168.1.253. Both Hubs list the assigned IP addresses for each device it knows about. It is possible to give a device a static IP Address, this change would be made to the device.

Does everything still work using the Hub One?

With the Hub Two you could use the Hub One wireless name and password, did you try this?

More details on the weather station you are using would be helpful.

greygit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I suppose some end-consumer devices don't really have the ability to change their default gateway address. So it it then falls to the ability to change the settings on the local (as supplied by the ISP) modem/switch/router to a value/setting that accomodates such.

It'd be very helpful to customers if such documentation were available to achieve this. But when it comes to the Hub 2 where is the documentation? Statement of fact - there's [-Censored-] all.

I hope I haven't been rude.

greygit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

[-Censored-]

translates to

"British slang: nothing

First Known Use: circa 1918, in the meaning defined above"

Source

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/[censored]%20all#h1

Sweet felicity awkwright.