Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One Router

FIXED
goldenlady46
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Plusnet Hub One Router

I can't find on my account what is my plusnet hub one serial number linked to my account. The Plusnet Hub One was last delivered on 7th July 2017.

The reason I asked because we got 2 x Plusnet Hub One Router as my son give to us as his broadband no longer with Plusnet as we don't know which Router is the correct one for this account.

@bobpullen @Gandalf 

17 REPLIES 17
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Plusnet Hub One Router

This is correct as my parents got Plusnet Hub One and give them my Plusnet Hub One router as I am now confused as both same Plusnet Hub One but don't know which one is linked to my parents account?

Anoush Mortazavi - CSC Analyst
10:21am, Friday 7 Jul 2017
Added components to account: 1 x 00001952 (Plusnet Hub One)
The new component was auto-configured.

There is no serial number in my parents account we couldn't find it?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@goldenlady46 

Just plug one in, if it autoconfigures and you get a blue light then that’s your your hub. If it doesn’t then swap them over. The other that will not autoconfigure can be used but to use it you will need to manually enter your username and password 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@Baldrick1  Yeah I put the Plusnet Hub One router on and saw blue light on steady but couldn't get internet on. I have to manual username and password it not connected (must be my plusnet hub one router I gave to them) Other Plusnet Hub One (my parents maybe old firmware on it) mine is latest updated firmware software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.289 last updated 18/05/24

Hub One Router (Mine).png

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@goldenfibre 

I’m confused. If you plug in  each in turn, one should work, the other not. Is this not the case?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

My parents Plusnet Hub One is faulty wireless never work well. And also very old firmware dated back to 2017.

The Hub One Router say max rate 52.9Mbps but BTw checker handback say should be higher than that at 54.6Mbps?

Screenshot.png

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Last year my parents use to get full rate of 80/20 but it now down to 52/13 (think it all down to crosstalk on the fttc cabinet 9) but soon will be FTTP next year in our area and my parents area say Openreach FTTP Checker

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I have found mum dad account in email ages ago in 2017 the serial number match this Hub One but I was surprised it didn't connected to plusnet server for PPPoE auto connected from their plusnet account, I have to put username / password manual to connect.

The firmware still old.

Hub One Router (Mum Dad).png

goldenlady46
Rising Star

Our line use to be full max rate of 81/29 with line atten of 14.8dB (Billion 8800NL Router) but with Plusnet Hub One the line max rate down to 53/13 with line atten of 16.4dB. How to get my line back to 81/29?

Billion 8800NLBillion 8800NL

Plusnet Hub One RouterPlusnet Hub One Router

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 81

@goldenlady46 @goldenfibre 

I find this thread very confusing; are you the same person?

EDIT: if not you really should have you're own thread

goldenlady46
Rising Star

Yes I am doing for my parents as they both very old ages (they don't understand broadband) but I do. That's why I am doing for them on their behave. Gandalf and other plusnet staff will know.

I am the Authorised User for my parents with their premission. I just want to make sure my parents getting the right speed for their broadband at home for using netflix, you tube etc at their own comfortable home.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

You are breaking forum rules by having two accounts, but I understand why you would have two. Maybe you should just use the account for the end address rather than swapping between them.

The post #9 with the billions stats, line attenuation is the distance between the address and the green cabinet

I would suggest the Billion stats look like a Unlimited Fibre profile as is the Rate is 40/10 where as the Attainable Rate is near to 80/20

The Hub One stats do not look to be the same connection to me, but I could be wrong

Gandalf has moved away from support so he's not here very often

goldenlady46
Rising Star

No, u misunderstood. My parents account is linked with goldenlady46 and my other account is no longer with plusnet (goldenfibre) as I am using this to help my mother to solved this plusnet hub one.

I use my old Billion 8800nl to test my parents house was max rate because the openreach engineer went to fix it swap port over then suddenly later someone swapped the port back because of telephone line keep failed test that was years ago.

If I did put Billion8800NL back on it it will make no difference as it will be 53/13 unless the engineer swap the port back to get max rate.

Maybe 53/13 was down to crosstalk issues at pcp cabinet 9. Only way for Plusnet staff to do GEA test to find out if the test has passed all OK.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Because you have blanked out the serial number of the hub's for me it's difficult to determine who is who and what is what, combining two issues in one thread has really not been helpful.

goldenlady46
Rising Star

I don't want to release serial number to public. I only give out to Bob Pullen or Gandalf in PM.