Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One - Firmware Update Request

FIXED
CaptainStuart
Fixes: 1

Plusnet Hub One - Firmware Update Request

Hi There!

I upgraded from Plusnet Unlimited Fibre, to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra about a year ago, and until recently, didn't notice (as I simply hadn't run a speed test), that my speeds are still those of the Unlimited Fibre package, and are, on average, around half those which they should be (see image 1 attached)!

I read on one forum post regarding fibre unlimited/unlimited extra upgrades, that such speed issues are usually due to the router firmware version requiring updating.

On checking my Hub One admin pages, I have discovered that my hub's current software version is: 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 , which is older than the version I see other users talking about in the forums regarding this router.

Can you please arrange for a firmware update to be pushed to my router. My router is on the TR069 system, but the serial number etc is attached (see image 2) anyway, just in case its needed.

Many thanks,

Captain Stuart.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Captain Stuart Konrad Anthony
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Plusnet Hub One - Firmware Update Request

I doubt that this is a router firmware problem. Put your phone number in here and confirm what you should be getting. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker.

How are you testing your speed, using an Ethernet cable or wireless? If the latter you need to do a wired test to eliminate wireless issues.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Also what is the max attainable speeds which you can find on the Help Desk page of the router?

Does this change if you plug the router into the hidden test socket in your master socket?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @CaptainStuart, testing the connection is show the sync speeds are lower than we'd expect, so I don't imagine a firmware update will resolve this.

If you haven't already, please could you run through our troubleshooting guides Here.

If you continue to experience the same speed issues after this, please could you report the issue over at https://faults.plus.net

If you could let us know once you've done this, we'll be able to get the ticket picked up and progressed with our suppliers for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@CaptainStuart, I've pushed the latest firmware update to your device, but as @HarryB says, it's unlikely to help with your speed observations.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

CaptainStuart
Fixes: 1

Fix
Hi Bob! Apologies for the delay in replying, I haven't had much time free to get on here the last few weeks! I can confirm that the firmware update to my router was successful, and it is now running the latest version, and, that as you suspected, it did not make a difference to the speed issue. However, following further investigations by your technical team, BT Openreach came out 2 days ago, and discovered a fault at the cabinet, which they promtly rectified, and our speeds have at least doubled (speedtest result image attached) as a result! Turns out, that it wouldn't have mattered what you or I did, as without them coming out and discovering the connection issue, there was no way that they line could have provided a faster speed! That being said, all your suggestions and efforts were much appreciated! Kind Regards, Stuart.
Captain Stuart Konrad Anthony