Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub 2 operating temperature?

probedb
Rising Star

Plusnet Hub 2 operating temperature?

Evening all and happy new year.

Does anyone know the operating temperatures for the Hub 2? I'm wanting to move it into the loft since it's getting boarded and I'll have a 24-port Gb switch up there.

NVR is also going up there and so far it's the lowest max temp at 45C.

The loft can get quite warm so looking at what I can do.

CHeers,

Paul.

4 REPLIES 4
Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: Plusnet Hub 2 operating temperature?

Bear in mind that lofts can get significantly hotter than the outside air temperature, and parts of the UK exceeded 40C outdoors last summer.

What is "NVR"?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

The safety guidance in the packaging advises that the hub is intended for use at room temperature between 0 and 40 degrees celcius. I'm sure it can operate at ambient temperatures north of this, but it's against recommendation.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Mr_Paul 

What is an NVR CCTV Recorder?

NVR stands for Network Video Recorder. This type of system encodes and processes data captured by your CCTV cameras, and streams it to your NVR recorder.

You view the footage via the recorder, which is used for remote viewing and video storage.

See What is NVR in CCTV? NVR vs DVR pros and cons // Clearway

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@probedb wrote:

Does anyone know the operating temperatures for the Hub 2? I'm wanting to move it into the loft since it's getting boarded and I'll have a 24-port Gb switch up there.

Providing that internal component's package temperature doesn't exceed the absolute maximum temperature, which will typically be way in excess of 40°C, the only effect of exceeding this figure is that the component life may be degraded. If you consider that the percentage of the time that the ambient will exceed 40°C will be minimal it should be fine.

If you are worried about the fire risk under fault conditions (whatever the fault trigger), then place it on fireproof material such as a tin box with free air all around it. Personally, I would never put electronic equipment in this sort of location for this reason

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'