Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering a replacement router

cblower1980
Dabbler

Ordering a replacement router

Hello,

Please can you advise how I would go about ordering a replacement router? I think mine has finally died - was getting frequent dropouts so did a factory reset and now it keeps resetting itself.
2 REPLIES 2
markhawkin
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Ordering a replacement router

Not an "official" answer but if you re-contract you should be able to get a replacement router.

Depending on what you thought of the old plusnet router and whether you are on fibre or not then buying a replacement new or second hand might be the best answer.

ADSL routers are very plentiful and a local selling forum such as Gumtree might be easiest or ask around. I've a couple of old ADSL routers in the shed "just in case they come in useful" and I'm sure someone you know will at least have a spare BT home hub.

Alternatively there seem to be loads on ebay for the same cost as you would pay Plusnet to post you one. It is better to get one from Plusnet as it is then associated with our account and reset "just works".

At the lower price range, for fibre,  the TP-LINK N300 VDSL/ADSL modem router is fairly well regarded I believe.

I am the satisfied customer....
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Ordering a replacement router

Hi there,

It's best to give us a call if you can please to do that.

We can be reached on 0800 432 0200.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team